Kity 613 guide bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG1977

Established Member
Reaction score
Having gone ahead with the eBay Kity 613 purchase I'm pretty happy with the quality of the unit, table and wheels in particular. I'm looking forward to my tuffsaw blades arriving and hope to get these bearings sorted before hand.

Does anyone have any experience of replacing guide bearings on the 613?

I've attached some photos that show the rear thrust bearing and side bearing plates. As you can see the thrust bearing is pretty shot, the cover has been removed and there appear to be two chips to the cover plate.

Kity 613 Thrust bearing.JPG

What I can't figure out is how to remove the bearing so it can be replace...dimensions suggest its a 6200 bearing, but if anyone could confirm that would be great.

kity 613 side bearing.JPG

With the side guides, do these just run against the blade? Won't the heat generated shorten the life of the blade? I was wondering how easy would it be to replace these spinning disks with some blocks of hardwood, lignum vitea is often used for bearings I'm told.

Any input you can offer is appreciated. This is my first bandsaw and so I'd like to try and get it right if I can.

Cheers

Michael

Attachments

• Kity 613 Thrust bearing.JPG
    Kity 613 Thrust bearing.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,509
  • kity 613 side bearing.JPG
    kity 613 side bearing.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,507
just place the shaft in a loose vice
rest the bearing on the jaws
and tap the shaft through with drift
that deals with the bearing

press on a new one pressing on the inner race only

there should be numbers on the old bearing but if you post the 3 sizes we can confirm the size

the side thrust bearings run with a small clearence so no appreciable heat should be generated

Ian

Cheers Ian, I tried hitting the shaft through the bearing but it doesn't seem to want to budge!

Does it definitely just slide out, it couldn't be tapped and screwed onto the threaded shaft? Have you done this on you own kity?

Also, sorry to ask, but what do you mean by tap with drift?

It will be tight perhaps a 1lb hammer onto a drift ( length of steel slightly smaller diameter than your bearings id )

definately not screwed

and perhaps tap is wrong sometimes bashing with all your force is nessesary

Ian

Back