Kity 419 riving knife template

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoonsbySven

Established Member
Reaction score
Calling Kity 419 owners...

I've ordered some O1 tool steel guage plate to make a couple of riving knives for the Kity 419 TS I bought recently. (RK was missing, so I've yet to actually use the saw :x )

I'm fairly confident that I will be able to make one from scratch, especially with the help of the template that RobertMP posted for his Axi TS200 here:https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/my-ts-200-fettling-and-saw-rt-bench-build-thread-t40316.html , and advice from other posts about clearances from blade etc.

BUT... in case the TS200 is different, and to reduce the chance of errors on my part, can any Kity 419 owners out there be bothered to take a photo of/scan their riving knife (maybe even with some graph paper as a background??) and post it?

I'd be really grateful.

AH! Steel has just arrived! I can't wait!

Cheers,
Sven

Hi Folks,
With work going crazy and an urgent diversion to finish a Chicken Hoose, I still haven't got around to doing the riving knife for my TS. I didn't get any replies to the last request for a scan of an existing Kity 419 riving knife. I'm not being lazy (honest)- I'm sure I could just make a template and go for it, but I'd really like the reassurance of having something to work to.

Or should I just get on with it? :wink:

If anyone can be bothered, I would be really grateful.
Cheers,
Sven

I can't help with the 419 I'm afraid, but just a tip - make a pattern in mdf or thin ply first, then you can play around with the radius, height etc a lot easier than if you go straight to metal

Back