(More) Kity 419 Saw mods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you won't regret it. I replaced the original Kity rise and fall wheel at the same time to save pithering about with the flimsy plastic one that came with it. And, if you are ordering one, consider another one for the tilt adjustment on the side of the machine. Or, make one like I did (because I didn't consider it when ordering the parts Duh!).

I'm sure you won't regret it. I replaced the original Kity rise and fall wheel at the same time to save pithering about with the flimsy plastic one that came with it. And, if you are ordering one, consider another one for the tilt adjustment on the side of the machine. Or, make one like I did (because I didn't consider it when ordering the parts Duh!).
I really liked the rise fall wheel you fitted. Where did you order that from and are there specific fittings for them?
Anyway, since I replied to you (about an hour ago) I couldn't resist it, I've started the procedure of installing a tilt mechanism. Luckily enough in my cache of junk, I've got most of the parts to make this work, I think :)
You wouldn't happen to have a photograph of how you connected the bracket to the traveller, would you?
My idea was to use a flat headed bolt with a locking not behind, which I think might be OK. My problem is that when I get excited about something, I tend to overlook what may be important issues.
Johnny

I can't remember where I bought the hand wheel from but they are easily sourced. My wheel is 125mm but you could get away with and would probably benefit getting a 150mm one. The original Kity wheel used grub screws to fix it to the shaft along with a spring to allow it to be pushed back and forth between tilt or rise/fall mode. Since I didn't need it to do that anymore I drilled out the centre of the new wheel to the diameter of the shaft, fitted it then drilled a small hole between the shaft and wheel and crewed in a self tapper to hold it in place. It's in one of the photographs.
I went with the same set-up as colinc's original post to attach the bracket to the traveller which is not dissimilar to what you have already come up with.
As far as the nylon bushing that colinc used, you will have to come up with something different as our 2000's have a large switching box in the way. I just did without it altogether.

Gary

Thanks Gary,
Thats perfect information. I'm going to try and finish it today even with a makeshift wheel for now.
I assume that it works fine without the bushings? I'll probably leave mine without too, although I did notice in my little junk collection I have a few bearings. If possible I may try to utilise them.
Johnny

Happy to say Ive completed it today. It works perfectly. I didnt bother with bearings of any sort. Whats so good about this is that the tilt angle can be fine tuned now as opposed to the course method that comes standard with Kitty.
Thanks for the help and inspiration

Not been here for a while and hadn’t realised my old post had been added to. Am glad to see that it has been helpful. Mine is still serving me well.

regards,

Colin

Latest posts

Back