Kitchen doors and breakfast bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cone

Established Member
Reaction score
I have extended my kitchen and will be needing some new kitchen doors however ive been finding it extremely difficult to locate anywhere that sells or makes them. The kitchen is an oak shaker style and originally was bought in 2005. Seeing as i cant seem to find anywhere thatll make them for me, im thinking of doing this myself. There will be 7 doors in total needed. Wondering how long this will take and tools will be needed.

My kitchen is an L shaper and have used 600mm worktop. I have half length of worktop left over and thinking of making a breakfast bar where the L comes out. The worktop is already installed at 940mm of the ground. Im thinking maybe a 400mm breakfast bar on top of the 940mm high worktop. What would be best to make so i could set the 400mm on top. Would a 3x2 frame be sturdy enough or would there be better ideas out there. Maybe have a 100mm overhang on teh back side of the BB or should i make it more.

cone":22t4wztd said:
I have extended my kitchen and will be needing some new kitchen doors however ive been finding it extremely difficult to locate anywhere that sells or makes them. The kitchen is an oak shaker style and originally was bought in 2005. Seeing as i cant seem to find anywhere thatll make them for me, im thinking of doing this myself. There will be 7 doors in total needed. Wondering how long this will take and tools will be needed.

My kitchen is an L shaper and have used 600mm worktop. I have half length of worktop left over and thinking of making a breakfast bar where the L comes out. The worktop is already installed at 940mm of the ground. Im thinking maybe a 400mm breakfast bar on top of the 940mm high worktop. What would be best to make so i could set the 400mm on top. Would a 3x2 frame be sturdy enough or would there be better ideas out there. Maybe have a 100mm overhang on teh back side of the BB or should i make it more.

Trying to visualise what you want to achieve here. 3x2 frame if it's in inches would be very substantial but probably too heavy in section for supporting a breakfast bar. A few sketches would be very useful to get an idea of what you intend building. Doors are readily available if you do a search on the internet for pre-made kitchen doors. The problem you may have if matching the grain and colour if the doors to your existing doors. Have you considered putting a painted section to your kitchen to add contrast, it's quite fashionable today.

400mm breakfast bar on top of a worktop already set at 940mm?? A few sketches would help signify what you need>

Mark

Back