Kid's Play Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreB

Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures/ideas for a kids' play table you have built/contemplated building. I'm looking at something to put a doll house on with some sort of storage underneath. Dimensions around 30 inches square with the top at about kneeling/sitting height for an eight year old. I've built one for my sons' Thomas the Tank Engine set, but I'm looking for alternative enlightened ideas others may have come up with. Anything anyone could post would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andre

take a look through toy calalogues usually some ideas there

I made some 18mm mdf ones, that could be flatpacked but only take a minuite to assemble. 8)
I think now however, ply would have been the better choice, thinner ply could have been used.

PICT0044-1.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

Thanks Hitch,

Thats just the sort of design I was looking for. I especially like the possibility of being able to quickly break them down when not in use. I could see doing them in Birch Ply. Do you think 12mm would be rigid enough?

Andre

The reason i say i think ply would be a better option, is one piece got dropped quite hard on one of the 'fingers' and it broke off :cry:

18mm M.D.F. would break anybodys fingers given the chance. :shock: :wink:

Back