Just joined so be gentle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would pop past and introduce myself

I have never really been a wood person ------ put the pitch forks away
i think its a youth thing, now i am maturing and have some space its a new avenue for me to explore
i enjoyed working on cars and engines in my youth
have built my own home brew all grain system with stainless steel pots.
rewired a few houses and plumbing
so now time for a new chapter in my life -- WOOD

so for my first project im taking on a 26ft by 8ft workshop approx, .............. simple hey start large and work back
ooh then after the brickies have finished theres the paneling and kitchen fit out to do

MMM think i got it wrong somewhere , aren't you meant to start small and work up ?

so searching for workshop ideas led me here.
need to work out full bill of quantities yet and how think the wood will be but joist design is done.

anyway thats me, off to browse the forum now and see wht other ideas i can find

Hi Titch,
Welcome.
I get a lot of info and inspiration from the hundreds of Utube videos on all aspects of woodworking. I also subscribe to Rob Cosman's Hand Tool tutorial. A good bench is pretty well essential and a set of the basic tools need to be bought - hammer, saws, chisels, square, rules, clamps etc etc.....but sounds like you may have some already, plus a few power tools. Most guys on here have a few machines - bandsaw, table saw, planer/ thicknesser, dust extractor etc. It's surprising, after a while you will find you can make small simple things and as experience grows then more difficult projects are possible.
Hope that helps,
John

Hey I'm new too and your in my neck of the woods :D

Can't help much with wood work that's why i'm here too ;) but if you need any info on construction of the shed / foundations ect give me a shout :)

Hi Titch,
You've done the right thing to deal with your new addiction 8-[
There's a load of therapy sessions available here :lol:
Welcome aboard.

thanks for the welcomes
Bigbud thanks for the offer of help.

still deciding wether to go loglap, T&G or ?????

do you have a link to a sketch or photos ?

Afraid I don't to hand, my shed's are typically a little bigger :lol:

3D%20Site%20View%202.jpg

3D%20Site%20View%201.jpg

lol thats an industrial unit not a shed lol

just trying to find prices on my selco account for some blocks for foundations

Back