Jokes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could well be the longest joke post ever, but this is a tale in which you need to participate. You'll need a new envelope (preferably the size of A5 paper, but any new one will do) and a pair of scissors. This is a gag to tell your mates, so practice it first! Here's the patter:

A bloke goes rushing into a brothel and says to the woman behind the counter: "I must see Christine at once."

"She's with a client"
says the madam.

"Well, interrupt her," says the gent.

"Lift your foot up a bit, sonny. If you were the client, you wouldn't want interrupting, so I'll not interrupt now. Either leave a message, or kindly do one."

"Message?" asks the man.

"Yes," she replies, "we've got pigeon-holes for all the girls."

"Will anyone else see it?"
he asks.

"No, certainly not. They'd have to get past me first" says the madam.

"Right," says the man, "Have you got an envelope?"

The woman produces an envelope and hands it to him.

"Have you got a pair of scissors?" he asks next.

"You mean a pen, don't you?" she responds.

"No!" he retorts, "a pair of scissors, please."

She pops out the back and returns, muttering, with a pair of scissors.
He then seals the empty envelope and makes the cuts as follows:

(Here's your part - follow the instructions carefully, please)

The first cut thinly slices off the top (as shown), removing the shaded part.
The second cut, about 20mm down, stops about 20mm short of the side.
The third cut repeats the second, same distance from the bottom, stopping short as above.
The final cut takes a thin slice off the section between the horizontal cuts, like this:

vicdiagr.jpg

He then hands the envelope to the madam, saying "Tell her to ring me immediately she gets this, please."

"Who are you, then?"
asks the woman.

"I can't possibly tell you that" he replies, "I'd lose my job, my house, my family and my social status if anyone knew I'd even been in here, let alone was a regular."

"Well, how will Christine know?"
came the question.

"She'll know!" he replied and shot off out the door.

Twenty minutes later, Christine appears from upstairs. "How many is that this morning?" asks the madam.

"Eleven," replies Christine.

"Coo, your poor feet!" responds the woman. "By the way, some gink left a message for you." Christine examines the envelope carefully.

"Who the hell left this?" she asks.

"He wouldn't say," replied the madam, "just that he'd lose his job, house, family and social status if anyone knew he'd been in here before. You're to contact him at once."

"How am I supposed to know who it is?" she remarks.

This is where YOU come in again - you're now Christine, BTW.

Take hold of the middle of the two long flaps of the envelope, marked "X" in the diagram, one between the thumb and forefinger of each hand, with "X" nearest you. With the top uppermost, part the flaps gently, as though opening a coat.

"Oh," Christine says, "It's the vicar!"

I hope it was worth it! I've never failed to get a laugh with it. :D

Ray

Argee":3q09a07d said:
This could well be the longest joke post ever, but this is a tale in which you need to participate. You'll need a new envelope (preferably the size of A5 paper, but any new one will do) and a pair of scissors. This is a gag to tell your mates, so practice it first! Here's the patter:

A bloke goes rushing into a brothel and says to the woman behind the counter: "I must see Christine at once."

"She's with a client"
says the madam.

"Well, interrupt her," says the gent.

"Lift your foot up a bit, sonny. If you were the client, you wouldn't want interrupting, so I'll not interrupt now. Either leave a message, or kindly do one."

"Message?" asks the man.

"Yes," she replies, "we've got pigeon-holes for all the girls."

"Will anyone else see it?"
he asks.

"No, certainly not. They'd have to get past me first" says the madam.

"Right," says the man, "Have you got an envelope?"

The woman produces an envelope and hands it to him.

"Have you got a pair of scissors?" he asks next.

"You mean a pen, don't you?" she responds.

"No!" he retorts, "a pair of scissors, please."

She pops out the back and returns, muttering, with a pair of scissors.
He then seals the empty envelope and makes the cuts as follows:

(Here's your part - follow the instructions carefully, please)

The first cut thinly slices off the top (as shown), removing the shaded part.
The second cut, about 20mm down, stops about 20mm short of the side.
The third cut repeats the second, same distance from the bottom, stopping short as above.
The final cut takes a thin slice off the section between the horizontal cuts, like this:

vicdiagr.jpg

He then hands the envelope to the madam, saying "Tell her to ring me immediately she gets this, please."

"Who are you, then?"
asks the woman.

"I can't possibly tell you that" he replies, "I'd lose my job, my house, my family and my social status if anyone knew I'd even been in here, let alone was a regular."

"Well, how will Christine know?"
came the question.

"She'll know!" he replied and shot off out the door.

Twenty minutes later, Christine appears from upstairs. "How many is that this morning?" asks the madam.

"Eleven," replies Christine.

"Coo, your poor feet!" responds the woman. "By the way, some gink left a message for you." Christine examines the envelope carefully.

"Who the hell left this?" she asks.

"He wouldn't say," replied the madam, "just that he'd lose his job, house, family and social status if anyone knew he'd been in here before. You're to contact him at once."

"How am I supposed to know who it is?" she remarks.

This is where YOU come in again - you're now Christine, BTW.

Take hold of the middle of the two long flaps of the envelope, marked "X" in the diagram, one between the thumb and forefinger of each hand, with "X" nearest you. With the top uppermost, part the flaps gently, as though opening a coat.

"Oh," Christine says, "It's the vicar!"

I hope it was worth it! I've never failed to get a laugh with it. :D

Ray

Brilliant! SWMBO's only just stopped laughing! :) :)

A good-looking man walked into an agent's office in Hollywood and said 'I want to be a movie star.' Tall, handsome and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials.

The agent asked, 'What's your name?' The guy said, 'My name is Penis van Lesbian.' The agent said, 'Sir, I hate to tell you, but in order to get into Hollywood, you are going to have to change your name.'

'I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old, I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever.'

The agent said, 'Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years... you will NEVER go far with a name like Penis van Lesbian! I'm telling you, you will HAVE TO change your name or I will not be able to represent you.'

'So be it! I guess we will not do business together'
the guy said and he left the agent's office.

FIVE YEARS LATER..

The agent opens an envelope sent to his office. Inside the envelope is a letter and a check for $50,000. The agent is awe-struck, who would possibly send him $50,000? He reads the letter enclosed...

Dear Sir,

Five years ago, I came into your office wanting to become an actor in Hollywood, you told me I needed to change my name. Determined to make it with my God-given birth name, I refused. You told me I would never make it in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian. After I left your office, I thought about what you said. I decided you were right. I had to change my name. I had too much pride to return to your office, so I signed with another agent. I would never have made it without changing my name, so the enclosed check is a token of my appreciation.

Thank you for your advice.
Sincerely,
Dick van Dyke.

Ray

A fleeing Taliban, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghanistan desert when he saw something far off in the distance.

Hoping to find water, he hurried toward the object, only to find a little old Jewish man at a small stand selling ties.
>
> The Taliban asked, "Do you have water?"

The Jewish man replied, "I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $5."
>
> The Taliban shouted, "silly person! I do not need an over-priced tie. I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first!"
>
> "OK," said the old Jewish man," it does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you that I am bigger than that. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles, you will find a lovely restaurant. It has all the ice cold water you need. Shalom."
>
> Muttering, the Taliban staggered away over the hill. Several hours later he staggered back, almost dead.
>
> "Your ******* brother won't let me in without a tie!"

Alan.

Everyone who has a dog calls him Rover or Boy ....I call mine SEx
Now Sex has been very embarrassing to me.When I went to city hall to renew his dog license I told the clerk I would like a license for Sex. He said, So would I. then I said,But this is a Dog.He said,He did not care what she looked like.Then I said,"You do not understand,I have had Sex since I was 9 years old."He said"You must have been quite a kid"
When I got married and went on a honeymoon,I took the dog with me.I told the hotel clerk that I wanted a room for me and my wife and one for Sex.He said "Every room in the place was for sex".I said "You do not understand SEx keeps me awake at night" The clerk said "ME TOO"
One day I entered Sex in a contest,but before the competition began he ran away.Another contestant asked me why I was just standing there looking around.I told him I planned to have Sex in the contest.He told me I should have sold my own tickets.But you do not understand,I said ,I hoped to have Sex on T.V. he called me a show off...
When my wife and I separated,we went to court to fight for legal custody of the dog.I said"Your Honor I had Sex before I was married."the judge said "Me Too"
Last night Sex ran off again,I spent 4 hours looking around town for him.A cop came over to me and asked what are you doing in this alley this early in the morning? I told him I was looking for Sex.
My case comes up Monday

After a particularly slack afternoon in his Chambers, the Judge had drunk one or two malts. He popped into his club on the way to the station and had a few more - one too many, as it turned out. On the train he became "ill" and on visiting the toilet, was violently sick, all down his tie and waistcoat. He made an attempt to clean it up with that skiddy BR toilet paper, but didn't do a very good job.

The walk from the station to his cottage sobered him up very well and he'd composed an excuse by the time he arrived. He entered the hall and his wife immediately said "Good grief, Humphrey, what on Earth's that awful smell?"

"Do you know, dear,"
he replied, "as I was getting off the train, a frightful yobbo was sick all down my front!"

"Gracious me,"
she responded, "I hope you're doing something about it?"

"Oh, yes," said the Judge, a little taken aback. A thought occurred to him and he said "He'll be up before me in the morning, don't worry!"

"Good,"
she replied, "now get those clothes off and we'll have some supper."

Around 1 o'clock the following day, the Judge's secretary got a call in his Chambers from his wife. She never rang him in Chambers, so he rushed to answer the call.

"Has that frightful yobbo been up before you yet?" she asked. He had to think for a while before it dawned on him what she was on about.

"No, not yet," he replied, "he'll be up straight after lunch. Don't worry, I'll give him six months."

"I'd give him twelve, if I were you,"
she replied, "the filthy beast has shat in your trousers as well!"

Ray

Tesco letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This letter was recently sent by Tesco's Head Office to a customer in Oxford :

Dear Mrs. Murray,

While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty Card, the Manager of our store in Banbury is considering banning you and your family from shopping with us, unless your husband stops his antics.
Below is a list of offences over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to feminine products aisle.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in housewares..... and watched what happened.

5. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6. September 15: Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor
gas stove.

7. September 23: When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry and asked, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'

8. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his nose, and ate it.

9. November 10: While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the Housewares aisle asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.

10. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the Mission Impossible' theme.

11. December 6: In the kitchenware aisle, practised the 'Madonna look' using different size funnels.

12. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled 'PICK ME!' 'PICK ME!'

13. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal position and screamed 'NO! NO! It's those voices again.'

And; last, but not least:

14. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, 'There is no toilet paper in here.'

Sad News!

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death last week of someone that millions of us can thank for happy childhood memories.

Larry LaPrise, the songwriter best known for the childrens rhyme "The Hokey Kokey" died peacefully last Monday at his home at the age of 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.
They put his left leg in.

And then the trouble started.

Shut up.

You know it's funny

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat. This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again. The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court.

The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself.

The man replied, 'Well your Honor, it was like this, when the lady got on the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat down under a sign that said, 'The Double Mint Twins are coming' and I grinned. Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, ' Logan 's Liniment will reduce the swelling,' and I had to smile. Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said, 'William's Big Stick Did the Trick,' and I could hardly contain myself. But, Your Honor, when She moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said, 'Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident'... I just lost it.'

'CASE DISMISSED!!'

A seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a London courtroom drama today when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the best degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, whom the boy firmly believes are incapable of beating anyone

I heard Dave Spikey tell this last night. If it's been on here before, apologies.

A golfer tees off from the second tee one morning. Unfortunately, he's concentrated so hard on the shot and taken so long to make it that he's failed to see a woman crossing the fairway some distance ahead. He's so astonished, he freezes, watching as the ball makes a perfect curve and strikes her, knocking her to the ground, where she lies still.

He rings the clubhouse to ask them to get an ambulance. "Where did you hit her" he is asked.

"Between the First and Second holes," he replies.

"Doesn't leave much room for a bandage, does it?"

Ray

Back