Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And when Monserrat Cabalii was interviewed she said how excited she was to be singing with the rock legend.

I see the humour in this, and I'm sure that those traits and many more often arise in some relationships, but I think I've been blessed. At 85, married for 62 years, (22,630 days!), through all the trials and tribulations of life that my wife and I have had, be it as husband and wife, as parents and as grandparents, we've always rubbed along nicely together. Hence, I couldn't tick any of those 21 boxes and say that they apply to my wife. I bless every day that we're together, because that's one less day of our lives that one of us isn't going to be left alone to cope as best we can. It will surely happen, we know that, but hopefully, not yet awhile.

Better sit back and go with the flow...
I was waiting expectantly for the punchline. :)

IMG_1698.jpeg

I see the humour in this, and I'm sure that those traits and many more often arise in some relationships, but I think I've been blessed. At 85, married for 62 years, (22,630 days!), through all the trials and tribulations of life that my wife and I have had, be it as husband and wife, as parents and as grandparents, we've always rubbed along nicely together. Hence, I couldn't tick any of those 21 boxes and say that they apply to my wife. I bless every day that we're together, because that's one less day of our lives that one of us isn't going to be left alone to cope as best we can. It will surely happen, we know that, but hopefully, not yet awhile.

As the late Freddie Mercury put it so eloquently:

You can’t turn back the clock, you can’t turn back the tide,
Ain’t that a shame?
Ooh, I'd like to go back one time on a roller coaster ride,
When life was just a game.
No use in sittin’ and thinkin’ on what you did,
When you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids.
Sometimes it seems like lately, I just don't know -
Better sit back and go with the flow...
Whats amazing is that at 85 years of age you forget what actually went on and make stuff up to keep the peace......well that's what Im finding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back