Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hgl.jpg

And "squirrel".
The way they pronounce that makes me squirrem.
On the other hand, they find it weird that so many Brits say "One two free", or render "no" as "nyee". We could go on all day. Nobody's perfect.
The ",caulk" thing did make me giggle, though. Do you suppose it was staged?

Depends a lot on which carrier. UPS is absolutely the worst for customs fees. That certainly isn’t a joke.

Agreed! BUT the "joke" there is that UPS (and ALL other couriers here) charge a fee for "Customs Clearance" even when the actual Customs people decide that there are NO Customs fees to be charged.

Agreed! BUT the "joke" there is that UPS (and ALL other couriers here) charge a fee for "Customs Clearance" even when the actual Customs people decide that there are NO Customs fees to be charged.
Absolutely. HMRC contract the carriers to handle customs fees on their behalf and let them charge us for the service.

Everyone would complain that there was no infrastructure, where can you fill up when the tank runs dry? Don't they catch fire more than EVs? Don't they use environmentally damaging non-renewable fossil fuels? Don't they poison the air?
is this an example of the lasting legacy of leaded petrol?

Everyone would complain that there was no infrastructure, where can you fill up when the tank runs dry? Don't they catch fire more than EVs? Don't they use environmentally damaging non-renewable fossil fuels? Don't they poison the air?
is this an example of the lasting legacy of leaded petrol?
They also aren’t half the weight and will soon be double the price.

I don't know where this item should be, BUT, to me it's one big joke:- so here goes:- Very Strange Action by UK Customs (Border Force?). I have a 1:53 scale wooden ship kit, in which the gun carriages are very poor Britannia metal castings with oval wheels! I requested wooden replacements from the manufacturers in Spain a month ago, not having received anything, I contacted them yesterday (Sun), I had a reply today saying UK customs had rejected the packet & returned it to Spain without explanation, this was an A5 padded envelope!
Maybe they thought I was going to build these scale cannons, then try to sink 'Tin Lizzy' !!!!!!! (what with 1:53 scale cannonballs!!!!!!!!!!) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😺😺
One BIG joke, when one considers what does get through.
I can't get any cigars through without them sticking a huge tax on them....before the clamp down, no one cared.
Maybe the forced description of what exactly is in the package is the problem?
No more present or hobby stuff is acceptable as the declaration.

Maybe the forced description of what exactly is in the package is the problem?
Years ago I read an article by a guy who imported or exported things regularly and was convinced nobody took any notice of what he specified as the package contents. To prove that he decided to put increasingly crazy descriptions until someone queried it. He gave up when nobody said anything about a package that he claimed contained "Used cries of hurray!"

Back