Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15AB544F-7C3A-42EE-B11F-0EF727298A7D.jpeg

This took a minute.

Attachments

• 426830280_903844768416014_4284485620392585968_n.jpg
    426830280_903844768416014_4284485620392585968_n.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
This took a minute.
Extremely tenuous & USA-centric as you need to know about fast food outlets which anybody with sensible eating habits would avoid.

For the record, the only reason I know what this cartoon is about is because I used to live in North America - there are very few of these in the UK.

Last edited:
Extremely tenuous & USA-cemtric as you need to know about fast food outlets which anybody with sensible eating habits would avoid.

For the record, the only reason I know what this cartoon is about is because I used to live in North America - there are very few of these in the UK.
All you have to do is decipher the restaurant name, look up their website and have a knowledge of dubious footwear. Or that was my best guess anyway!

Extremely tenuous & USA-centric as you need to know about fast food outlets which anybody with sensible eating habits would avoid.

The joke works without Arby's.

Swmbo got it very quickly and she's never lived in North America.

The "This little piggy" rhyme is well known in the UK.

Would even work at Tesco's deli. :):):)

The joke works without Arby's.

Swmbo got it very quickly and she's never lived in North America.

The "This little piggy" rhyme is well known in the UK.

Would even work at Tesco's deli. :):):)

Not exactly. The joke, such as it is, hinges not just on the nursery rhyme, but on the fact that Arby's is "famous" for serving roast beef sandwiches... you need both parts for it to be hysterically funny... allegedly... There's also the faint irony of the rhyme being about pigs and the joke being about beef - mixed messaging, a subtle dig at one of the vectors of CJD, or just a poor joke. Who knows?

As with most jokes, the moment they have to be explained, whatever humour there may have been is lost...

Last edited:
Not exactly. The joke, such as it is, hinges not just on the nursery rhyme, but on the fact that Arby's is "famous" for serving roast beef sandwiches... you need both parts for it to be hysterically funny... allegedly... There's also the faint irony of the rhyme being about pigs and the joke being about beef - mixed messaging, a subtle dig at one of the vectors of CJD, or just a poor joke. Who knows?

As with most jokes, the moment they have to be explained, whatever humour there may have been is lost...
That's it then, I for one, I guess out of 100's, have never heard of 'Arbys'. But then I've never really understood US 'humor', & probably 'vicky-verky' (vice- versa). Ce le vie!

I was just chuffed when I got it, or what I thought was it.

Back