Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you have deliberarely driven through and wrecked the car chances are your insurance won't pay out.
The start of this video with the focus driving through shows a wonderful example of hydrolock with a resounding crunch.

Driving through fords has never bothered me and I have never had a problem. I am a bit more circumspect about driving through floods if it means driving longer distances in water, but again, I have had no problems. As a rally co-driver though I have sat alongside a few drivers who have struggled and got stuck. Typically, despite my warnings and instructions, they have tried to go through too fast. High revs to keep up pressure in the exhaust to stop water flowing in, first gear and slip clutch to keep speed as low as possible and so avoid a bow wave, and you should get through most things OK. Then drive with your foot lightly on the brake for a while to dry the pads out.

Driving through fords has never bothered me and I have never had a problem. I am a bit more circumspect about driving through floods if it means driving longer distances in water, but again, I have had no problems. As a rally co-driver though I have sat alongside a few drivers who have struggled and got stuck. Typically, despite my warnings and instructions, they have tried to go through too fast. High revs to keep up pressure in the exhaust to stop water flowing in, first gear and slip clutch to keep speed as low as possible and so avoid a bow wave, and you should get through most things OK. Then drive with your foot lightly on the brake for a while to dry the pads out.
And the air intake? If no snorkel fitted? Hydrolock = seized engine.

Air intakes are usually quite high up, so if you go slow enough to avoid a bow wave the water doesn't get near. If the water is high enough to reach the air intake without a wave, it is too deep to attempt to drive through, but I haven't ever faced that issue.

Air intakes are usually quite high up, so if you go slow enough to avoid a bow wave the water doesn't get near. If the water is high enough to reach the air intake without a wave, it is too deep to attempt to drive through, but I haven't ever faced that issue.
That can depend on the car - I watched an X5 going through the 2007 floods - driver was confident based on all the LR cars getting through and the fact that he 'owned a 4x4'! except that the air intake was in the spoiler ;) I towed him out later with my classic RR - air suspension set to high and the only comment about flooding in the handbook was a suggestion to remove the fan belt to avoid water being splashed by the fan onto the spark plugs... car went through a good 500 - 700mm of water with no issues...

That can depend on the car - I watched an X5 going through the 2007 floods - driver was confident based on all the LR cars getting through and the fact that he 'owned a 4x4'! except that the air intake was in the spoiler ;) I towed him out later with my classic RR - air suspension set to high and the only comment about flooding in the handbook was a suggestion to remove the fan belt to avoid water being splashed by the fan onto the spark plugs... car went through a good 500 - 700mm of water with no issues...
The topic deserves a separate thread

Screenshot_20231015-112557~2.png

Nicola CRANKY Sturgeon passes driving test first time aged 53

Scotland's former first minister says she can now help her husband DODGY PETE drive the luxury motor home around JOCKland

Man killed by shark while on his honeymoon. Doctors said he didn't suffer much, he was only married 5 days.
---
My ex-wife married an Indian man. (they worship cows)
---
Do you know what they call Marines on a Submarine? Passengers.
---
They say that ignorance of math is growing exponentially... Whatever that means.

Back