Joke Thread 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20230730-WA0003.jpg

Jean Harlow and Margot Fonteyn were crossing the Atlantic on a luxurious ocean liner. They spent a sunny afternoon in each other's company sitting in deck chairs, during which time Jean kept calling Margot "my dear Margott". After a while Margot became fed up of this, and when Jean said it once again she calmly replied,
"My dear Jean, the 't' in 'Margot' is silent, as in 'Harlow' "!

Jean Harlow and Margot Fonteyn were crossing the Atlantic on a luxurious ocean liner. They spent a sunny afternoon in each other's company sitting in deck chairs, during which time Jean kept calling Margot "my dear Margott". After a while Margot became fed up of this, and when Jean said it once again she calmly replied,
"My dear Jean, the 't' in 'Margot' is silent, as in 'Harlow' "!

'Say - aren't you Margot Asquith?' (pronouncing the hard 't')
[Margot Asquith] 'Yes Dear, But the 't' is silent, as in Harlow.”​

― Margot Asquith

Not really a joke but something that happened today.
I am 86 and my wife 84 and we've been married for almost 66 years and thank goodness we haven't lost our sense of humour.

Today I had to go to the doctors for some painkillers and when I got back and was reading the instructions my wife said " since when have you ever read instructions about anything"

Jokingly I said " good God, it says in the possible side effects it could give me a massive erection " :oops:

Then quick as a flash she said " It's a good job that you are good at DIY, and No before you ask this is one project I won't I be giving you a hand with and I'll sleep in the spare room tonight" we both then fell about in a fit of laughter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Happy days Alan.

Latest posts

Back