Joint cutting guide tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOJ

Established Member
Reaction score
This fine piece of engineering will hopefully up my cutting and joint making game to a higher level, all for the princely sum of £4.00.

jig box.jpg jig 1.jpg

It won an award in 1972 for innovation and makes for some bold claims!!

I think I inherited one of those when my father died, I seem to remember the same combination of wedges and pegs. decided is was too fiddly and complicated with too many bits to loose, it seemed like a crutch for some basic jointing skills

Reviewed on here in the past, not looking good though Joint master! :(
Blimey! A thread I started from a loooong time ago.
I came across those Joint masters of mine again fairly recently. Stuck high up on a shelf and forgotten. I never did use them. Took them out for a look. Checked what they're worth on eBay and quietly replaced them on their high shelf.

Pleased to see you still post, do you still need a copy of the instruction, some plans for a couple of "projects" inside .
Took them out for a look. Checked what they're worth on eBay and quietly replaced them on their high shelf
Do you think they will turn up on Antiques Roadshow in the future and make us rich..

I haven't actually tried using it as yet, bought from the local waste recycling center, they keep a look out for interesting woodworking tools, but this isn't one of them, probably find its home on a high shelf as well.

I was given one when I was a teenager in the 1970s. I don't remember using it much. I think I tried it, didn't think much of it, and put it away somewhere. It might even still be there.

I recently bought a Nobex manual mitre saw at a flea market for cheap. I guess aimed at a similar market but in my view a much better product. I have used it a few times and quite like it.

Pleased to see you still post, do you still need a copy of the instruction, some plans for a couple of "projects" inside .

Do you think they will turn up on Antiques Roadshow in the future and make us rich..

I haven't actually tried using it as yet, bought from the local waste recycling center, they keep a look out for interesting woodworking tools, but this isn't one of them, probably find its home on a high shelf as well.
I don't still post really, just look in occasionally. Not worth it when the usual suspect continually pops up with his same old ordure.
I see from eBay completed listings that some have sold for as much as £4 so maybe they'll be recognised as a valuable collectors item in the future. Might even be able to make a tenner. :ROFLMAO:

BTW, thanks very much for the offer but just had a quick search on-line and found the instructions here: Copydex Jointmaster instructions never used

Back