Jet sale at Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krysstel":31kgvyln said:
Axminster have several Jet items on sale at the moment.
Am particularly interested in the two PTs; JPT-260 (reduced £231) and JPT-310 (reduced £779 !!).

http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jpt-260-planer-thicknesser-600671

Anyone know why they're reduced so much ?
Are Jet coming out with new models or is it just Axi trying to shift a lot of old stock ?

Regards
Mark
Maybe Jet are refreshing these models soon.

Very tempting price on that 260. It is the planer I was going to buy at some point when I get completely fed up and annoyed about the Titan I have.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Bigger of the two Jet PTs already out of stock so may be that they don't have many, if you want one of the smaller ones may be best to get in ASAP.

Terry.

So true, its also the planer that you have to lift the table off to use the thicknesser so perhaps not so much a bargain as it looks.

Mike

crikey ... jet3520b (ie powermatic) lathe down from £2.8k to £2k ... but ....

edit : seems price now moved back up to nearer to £2.3k ...probably fairer to their clients since they've been selling the same machine for £2250+ second hand ! lol...better to respect your customer basethan screw it over I guess!

I set up and demonstrated all of this equipment and the Jet planer/thicknessers were always decent kit....reeded, single unit beds, long rock solid fences and Taiwanese built. The 106PT is OK for the money, runs at high speed but has aluminium bed, has to be reconfigured for thicknessing and most importantly the fence is its weak point (too many adjustable parts and therefore potential movement). The standalone Jet thicknesser (no longer stocked by Axmi) JPM-13 CSX is a cracking unit and I currently own one. I used to be able to thickness on demo's to 3mm to show this machine's accuracy and for someone doing fine work or instrument making, would prove itself invaluable.

Don't let the fact that it is out of stock deter you from buying. If you like the price, grab one now whilst they are cheap and put it on back order.

On the matter of Jet saws, take a look at the Axminster Trade range....better saws and cheaper....or better still look at the TSCE-12R which is a Sedgwick copy but in my opinion a better saw. Hope this helps :)

If I am not mistaken the PT106 has cast iron beds, or that's what it says in the wright up, perhaps its been upgraded since you used to demonstrate it.

Mike

MikeJhn":371v2iy8 said:
If I am not mistaken the PT106 has cast iron beds, or that's what it says in the wright up, perhaps its been upgraded since you used to demonstrate it.

Mike

The model numbers are very similar one is AWEPT106 = aluminium which is the Elektra Beckum clone and AH106PT which has cast steel tables (used to be the AW106PT2)

Well after a couple of emails to the export department and a few milliseconds thought I ordered a JPT-260 on Friday afternoon :)
Got it for £750 ex VAT. They put the price up to £892 the same afternoon !

Mark

Have you had your cost for delivery yet, mine was £36.00 for 86Kg to Department 24 (Dordogne) France, just thought it would make an interesting comparison.

Mike

MikeJhn":w25gnsj2 said:
Have you had your cost for delivery yet, mine was £36.00 to 86Kg to Department 24 (Dordogne) France, just thought it would make an interesting comparison.

Mike

The shipping cost was £190 which sounds like a lot but is actually less than I expected for a shipping weight of 205 kg.
All in it'll cost me around £1200 delivered including local VAT etc, which is almost the same as the pre-sale ex-VAT shop price in the UK and half what it costs here :)

Mark

Interesting that the cost per Kg does not equate, 86kg at £36.00 = £2.38/Kg, your deliver rate 205Kg at £190 = £1.07/Kg still a lot of money to get something delivered, we do not know how lucky we are when delivering and ordering from and to the UK and get free delivery from Axminster and others.

Mike

MikeJhn":3tar8u7r said:
Interesting that the cost per Kg does not equate, 86kg at £36.00 = £2.38/Kg

Shouldn't that be £0.42 / KG? Think you have divided the numbers the wrong way.

Terry.

Latest posts

Back