Jet JTS 250 CS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanzon

Reaction score
I am interested in the Jet JTS 250 as a possible purchase in the future. On paper it sounds a good machine that would meet my requirements. However, I would appreciate feedback from any members who might have used one or might have any information of any known issues with this saw.

Thanks.

Is it the jet 'supersaw'? I thought that it has been discontinued at least in europe.
I have mine for 2 years and it's been ok, despite an initial problem with the motor.

I don't like the fence, it's alleged microadjustment is a joke so you have to resort to tapping it
and checking the measurement after locking the lever, then unlock it and repeat the adjustment until
it's right. seems a little awkward but in practice one gets used to it. once set it remains there and doesn't
deflect.

Also the throat plate is another waek point. mine was not flat along its length and the setting screws don't correct the problem. I've made a zero-clrearance one out of mdf and its much better.

The cast iron sliding table is IMHO the best feature of the saw (and it weighed in my decision to purchase it). It's so much better than using a mitre fence you'll never look back. Ideally i'd have bought a small panel saw, but they lack mitre slots for an occasional jig and the blades tilt to the right. The jet has a mitre slot (on the right of the blade only) and tilts to the left which is much safer if one wants to rip (at an angle) narrow stock and (hush!) allows
raised panels to be made provided one is willing to remove the guard.

the weakest point it's the mitre fence that comes with it, it is fixed onto the sliding table by threaded studs which naturally have play so you must check squareness to the blade every time you mount it. but then again, once set it remains there. problem is you have to remove it sometimes because it gets in the way in some ripping operations

Thanks for your helpful response.
It's also referred to as the Supersaw. So I guess it could be the same. It is advertised for sale by 2 outlets in the Uk. I'll telephone them to check whether they still stock this saw, as their web sites might not be up to date. And if they have stock whether service parts would be available, if the machine is out of production.

Back