Jet JTS-250 table saw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolyon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
I recently bought a second hand Jet JTS 250 table saw. It seems a fine machine except for one thing - I cannot get the blade to be at 90 degrees to the table. It's a few degrees off. There is a wheel on the side for adjusting the angle, which turns freely, so I can get the blade to 45 degrees OK, but when I crank it up to perpendicular, it stops short of where it needs to (turning the wheel gets progressively harder, and then becomes impossible) .
I don't know whether the mechanism could just be blocked by a chip or something, but I can't see inside. I can't see whether the table can be removed (I don't think the sides can), and although some of the bottom can be removed, the hole is rather small. Does anyone have one of these beasts, and if so, have any advice?

Don't force it, plenty of cases where folks have damaged the rack gears,
see a recent PITA of a job involving an SIP machine.
Likely something needs cleaning, or stop rod is needing adjusting and a dry lubricant afterwards like PTFE or something similar.

Thanks for the warning.
I managed to find an exploded diagram on the web, which shows that one side panel comes off - a fact I could have worked out for myself by walking all the way round the machine

Back