Jet AFS-1000BAir cleaner/Fine Dust extractor - advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe a few people have got this model and I'm in need of advice as to whether it's what I want -

How well does it work ? is obviously the first thing - I've got approx' 240 cubic metres of workshop to clean.

It weighs in at 25kg - that can't be easy to get down and clean out regularly, seeing as it's suspended from the ceiling ?

Filters - I believe you can blow some through with compressed air, but what do you need to replace and at what intervals ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

I'd be interested in some feedback too :D Especially regarding cleaning and filter life span.

I see it's jumped up in price at Axminster - but then what hasn't :cry:

I have the smaller unit in a large double garage Chris and it is very effective judging by the state of the first filter after a turning or bandsawing session, even with dust extraction at source as well.

If the larger unit is the same, and I think it is, the first filter just pulls out from the front of the cabinet after releasing a couple of clips, but I leave mine in situ and just vacuum it off every now and again. Should last indefinately with care I would have thought. Haven't checked the further internal filter I admit, but suspect it gets less dirty and the same approach would work also.

Much quieter than the large microclene unit I also have, but obviously the unit is an added precaution to your workshop and not a substitute for extraction at source and use of masks/headsets as well as necessary.......

Cheers, Paul

As Paul says, you hang the unit from the ceiling and the filters clip into the front, so you don't need to take the whole unit down, just get on a ladder, unclip the filter (or just hoover the surface rubbish off as Paul says) then replace and job done.

I have the smaller one in a 6x7m garage workshop and it works like a dream, and the outer filter is filthy as all hell so it's definitely sucking hard.

HTH

Cheers

Mark

I have the jet mentioned. It is hung from the roof and I need a step ladder to reach the filter(outside one) it's held by two swing clips top and bottom in the center. The fine filter you will see when you take the first one out. The fine filter just pulls out with no problem. The machine I have had for over two years and although I don't use it daily the first filter is cleaned once a week. The inner one less. (does depend on amout of dust floating about) I clean both filters with an air line and they are still fine although I have bought the outside filter some months ago it's still in its package. Hope this helps a little.

Back