Jacob

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modernist

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know that you will have to manage without Jacob's guiding hand for a while as he is in hospital following a fall in the snow. He may be going under the knife today to repair a ruptured tendon so I hope they have prepared the rounded bevel scalpel for duty.

I sure you will join me in wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery and may I suggest we all sell any tools with brass knobs on and send the funds to brian@m-h-p.co.uk who will ensure that they are spent wisely.

Gerard Scanlan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope Jacob makes a speedy recovery and I just hope that surgeon is using Sheffield steel (fortunately most scapels are still made in Sheffield and there is one with a rounded tip).

Pete Maddex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope he heals quickly, and dosn't give the doctors to much trouble.

Pete

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
i trust that the surgeon will not mention that he bought a set of tools, and instead only picked up the ones that he needed on ebay.

After all, its not about the tools!

Joking aside, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I nearly didn't look at this thread, thinking 'oh no, not another thread misguidedly complaining about Jacob's sharp style' - and I am very glad to see it's not.
I wish him a speedy and painless recovery, and rather hope he has bedside computer access, so he can spend his convalescence keeping us all on the straight and narrow! The forum would be a duller place without him.

Sawyer

Established Member
Reaction score
This forum is a lively, interesting and very informative place. Wish Jacob a speedy recovery and that he's back soon to help keep things that way.

Cheshirechappie

Established Member
Reaction score
So Jacob's in bed, with a nurse, eh?

Sorry to hear about anybody suffering accidents of such nature, so I wish Jacob an easy journey on the road to recovery.

(Must admit that I can't really understand the antipathy towards Jacob from some quarters. OK, he has strong opinions and isn't afraid to express them, but I've never seen him be outright rude to anybody. He's clearly forgotten more about joinery than I'll ever know, so he's got a lot to contribute. It would be a very boring and limited world if averybody thought the same way, and divergent opinions were not allowed.)

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear that Jacob had a fall. Hope he makes a complete recovery without too much pain. God help the nurses.

Like many many others I am also amazed at the antipathy towards Jacob. Forthright..Yes. Strong minded...Yes. Rude ( unlike some ) ....No. Skilled...undoubtedly. Generous to share his knowledge..Yes.

My Grand dad who was a cabinet maker in Chester and a great craftsman used to say that a good craftsman had to find like minded gentleman to be his customer. The craftsman understood the care and diligence needed to make things, the customer needed similar care and comprehension to appreciate what was being made. I always recall that when I see Jacobs posts.

Al

deserter

Established Member
Reaction score
If your reading this get well soon. Falls in the snow/ice can be nasty I took out 2 vertebrae a couple of years ago on the ice, so I can sympathise with you.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope Jacob is on the mend soon. I know someone who fell at the back end of last year and they only just made it home after breaking both knees. Yep, falls in the snow and ice can be nasty and I bet a ruptured tendon isn't fun to deal with either.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
Long term it can be crippling Jen, my wife suffered a similar injury over 20 yrs ago and it still gives her trouble.

Roy.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jacob.

Remember that medical staff have many subtle ways of administering pain and suffering on those who give them a hard time, (which of course you won't). :wink:
With a family riddled with doctors and nurses, I know this to be true. :roll:

get well soon

Bob

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob? I can't wait to hear how you advised them to start with a fleam.......or maybe a Tiemann scarificator.......or perhaps what some here would have loved to have used recently: a trepanning scalpel?

:-"

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.