Jacob

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if there was a post, and it's been removed, obviously the incident hasn't affect his brain too much. Let's hope his body is as resilient!
GWS
S

To aviod unecessary speculation I can confirm that the post was removed by Jacob himself.

I deleted it. I suddenly got even more p|ssed off than usual by the malignant tone and asked myself why I am bothering associating with these people.

Jacob? As one of "these people" I think I speak for many when I say that the "malignant tone " originated as a responce to your over-application of the wooden spoon - you stir things up so vehemently.

I wish you a full recovery AND I admire your work, but I reserve the right to get highly irritated by (what I see as) your aggressive counter-argumentative
approach to some topics. You are fully entitiled to hold opposing views, but there might be a more diplomatic way to express them?

Sam, who at the 'wrong' side of a half-century, is well aware of the increasing fragility of hman anatomy.

SammyQ":3ezcbp1c said:
Jacob? As one of "these people" I think I speak for many when I say that the "malignant tone " originated as a responce to your over-application of the wooden spoon - you stir things up so vehemently.

I wish you a full recovery AND I admire your work, but I reserve the right to get highly irritated by (what I see as) your aggressive counter-argumentative
approach to some topics. You are fully entitiled to hold opposing views, but there might be a more diplomatic way to express them?

Sam, who at the 'wrong' side of a half-century, is well aware of the increasing fragility of hman anatomy.

=D> =D>

And I think Jacob that you'll find "these people" are also genuine in their best wishes for your recovery as a fellow woodworker and human being, which is a very seperate issue to any confict with your opinions.

cheers

Bob

SammyQ":2f99npfj said:

=D> :eek:ccasion5: Well said, that man. Although not sure about ''admiring the work' :wink:

RogerS":25v47gxb said:
SammyQ":25v47gxb said:

=D> :eek:ccasion5: Well said, that man. Although not sure about ''admiring the work' :wink:
Get well soon :D
looks like you are on the road to recovery reading your post lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RogerS":14hz7ph3 said:
SammyQ":14hz7ph3 said:

Time for me to comment. Agreed, nicely put Sam and Rog - Rob

I forgot to add.... not too sure about some of Jacob's advice either. A lot of it is wrong, often contradictory and frequently misleading and so to put Jacob up on a pedestal as the font of all knowledge is plain wrong.

It's OK for those of us who know better but for anyone new to woodworking and not knowing about all the 'baggage' then they could get easily misled.

RogerS":26zx7qmd said:
I forgot to add.... not too sure about some of Jacob's advice either. A lot of it is wrong, often contradictory and frequently misleading and so to put Jacob up on a pedestal as the font of all knowledge is plain wrong.

It's OK for those of us who know better but for anyone new to woodworking and not knowing about all the 'baggage' then they could get easily misled.
Again, nicely put Rog and I couldn't agree more - Rob

woodbloke":qsa80rde said:
RogerS":qsa80rde said:

smiley_yawn.gif
smiley_yawn.gif

woodbloke":1w2c60c8 said:
RogerS":1w2c60c8 said:

This is really out of order. This thread is about wishing someone a speedy recovery. The insults are not necessary. If the mods want to take action, it should be to ban these keyboard warriors rather than protect these idiots. Absolutely unnecessary.

I'd like to wish you a speedy recovery, I think the forum would be a duller place without Jacob but as mention previously it doesn't matter whether I'm with or against Jacob this thread was about Jacobs health, some seem to have lost the thread plot ....

I do struggle to see why he generates so much animosity, if you don't like him or his advice or his rudeness just ignore it. I don't respond to half the dribble posted on here, if I did I'd be here all day....

SBJ":cig9sq0r said:
This is really out of order. This thread is about wishing someone a speedy recovery. The insults are not necessary. If the mods want to take action, it should be to ban these keyboard warriors rather than protect these idiots. Absolutely unnecessary.
Read SamQ's previous post SBJ...he does say something about wishing Jacob a speedy recovery, which I also agreed with - Rob

or his rudeness just ignore it.

Why? I can understand Stuarts view point, but perhaps he should ask why people repond to jacob in this manner?

Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back