Jacob

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBJ":2ql2wfwd said:
gus3049":2ql2wfwd said:
Oh dear...
..... I have found him to be aggressively self opinionated and feel that maybe his parents spared the rod. It may of course just be the way I was bought up and is a function of my age.........

We can only assume that your parents taught you to jump to conclusions? Come on, making comments about peoples parents now? Where will this end?

I think that the "twerps" are showing themselves up here.

I think you need to read what is said a bit more carefully and realise that there are some expressions that have meanings beyond the words. This is no comment on his parents or any other relation. I was taught to be polite as possible in any situation whereas you are accusing me of being a twerp as opposed to merely uninformed..

gus3049":3h4hk0o2 said:
SBJ":3h4hk0o2 said:
gus3049":3h4hk0o2 said:
Oh dear...
..... I have found him to be aggressively self opinionated and feel that maybe his parents spared the rod. It may of course just be the way I was bought up and is a function of my age.........

We can only assume that your parents taught you to jump to conclusions? Come on, making comments about peoples parents now? Where will this end?

I think that the "twerps" are showing themselves up here.

I think you need to read what is said a bit more carefully and realise that there are some expressions that have meanings beyond the words. This is no comment on his parents or any other relation. I was taught to be polite as possible in any situation whereas you are accusing me of being a twerp as opposed to merely uninformed..

Fair enough. So just to clarify, you didn't say that you thought that his parents spared the rod, and if you did say that, it was probably me not realising that you had used an expression that had a meaning beyond the words, and obviously my comprehension.

I really don't think that you were being as polite as possible. I think that "polite as possible" would have been something along the lines of "get well soon" or wishing a speedy recovery and leaving it at that.

Jacob":1p7qh297 said:
OK Rob thanks for that.
Mods!!!!!

Jacob is being 'Nice' !!!!!!

It's a disgrace I tell yer. Something needs to be done about this at once else, where will it all end eh??

SBJ":1q04dbd5 said:

Fair enough. So just to clarify, you didn't say that you thought that his parents spared the rod, and if you did say that, it was probably me not realising that you had used an expression that had a meaning beyond the words, and obviously my comprehension.

I really don't think that you were being as polite as possible. I think that "polite as possible" would have been something along the lines of "get well soon" or wishing a speedy recovery and leaving it at that.

Yup,

Polite as possible 'in the circumstances'. We are talking about someone who manages to upset more people than I would have thought possible. He even rattled my cage and I am too old to allow such things and am certainly beyond responding again to this thread with more and more people getting involved and feeling aggressive it seems.

Even when he is not involved directly, his very spectre seems to lower our defenses - wierd.

gus3049":2wyo3xk7 said:
SBJ":2wyo3xk7 said:

Yup,

Polite as possible 'in the circumstances'. We are talking about someone who manages to upset more people than I would have thought possible. He even rattled my cage and I am too old to allow such things and am certainly beyond responding again to this thread with more and more people getting involved and feeling aggressive it seems.

Even when he is not involved directly, his very spectre seems to lower our defenses - wierd.

Surely these circumstances are a thread that informs you that Jacob had a bad leg?

ps - did we agree that you hadn't mentioned any family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back