ive seen a hegner on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darloray

Established Member
Reaction score
hi im still looking for a saw and seen a Hegner multicut 2s scroll fret saw on ebay.

says its in good condition but missing some things
this is in the listing

It is however missing the top and bottom blade clamp and an m5 thumb screw from the clamp block assembly. Though these parts are easily and cheaply available from Hegner.

Saw does not include a tool kit or instructions

The tool kit which is only a few allen keys and a "clock" key for blade changes can be obtained from Hegner or ebay

im guessing these things are minor and are easily sorted and had a link to download instruction booklet

Your correct you can get most parts for the Hegners no problem, they are top quality machines so worth going for if its a good price.
Cheers
Brian

The missing parts you mention are only ancillary parts and are easy to replace, if you get the saw, you would be wanting to get extra blade clamps anyway.

My Hegner is nearly the same age as the one you are looking at, has had very heavy use and still runs like a sewing machine, and has never needed any parts replacing other than blades.

I would say that at 270.00, its well worth a punt.

Chris.

It's a well made saw, as both Chris and Brian say the missing parts are not a problem, more of a problem for me would be the absence of a quick tension release on the upper arm and the lack of variable speed, their absence is not a problem for general fretwork/scroll-saw work however for detailed fretwork with many internal cuts the lack of upper arm tension release will drive you nuts after a few internal blade changes!

Neither of the two things I mention can economically be changed because you would need a whole top arm assembly to correct lack of quick tension and complete motor change for variable speed, and both would be prohibitively expensive considering the prices Hegner charge for parts!

I could just about live without the variable speed but IMHO quick tension release is essential!

(If you don't intend to do delicate work or lots of internal cuts the saw would be OK.)

(The 20 year old bit is not a problem, these machines are built to last)

if your buying blade clamps get a quick release clamp for the top . I have varible speed and never use it so I wouldn't worry on that score
Regards
Brendan

nadnerb":3lrqbei7 said:
if your buying blade clamps get a quick release clamp for the top . I have varible speed and never use it so I wouldn't worry on that score
Regards
Brendan

if you ever cut very thin materials or metal or do really delicate work a slower speed is very useful, personally I would not be without it. :)

+1 for scrimper's comment, I too wouldn't be without variable speed. Having said that however, there are plenty who manage very well without (see the post above scrimper's for example) and I have a feeling that it MAY be a bit like getting the first car with, say, electric windows - once you've had them you'll never want to be without them again.

No help at all really, eh? :lol:

AES

Latest posts

Back