The Delta experience - I have questions.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigeonface

Reaction score
IMG_0189.JPG
Hi All! So as some might have seen, I have acquired a well used 40-560. There are a few things missing from it but it is still very workable, however, it is quite different from my old Titan.

It does not have the original quickset clamps as part of the top seems to have broken at some point (not an issue, I'm happy with using the allen key version - see pic). These clamps are quite flexible back and forth, I'm assuming to allow some give in the blade? My Titan was very rigid (solid fixed blade clamps) but this Delta seems to bend a lot to the point where Im scared the blade with break. I have tried adjusting the tension to the max but it's still very flexible. Is this normal?

I'm currently trying to cut an inch thick short piece of oak which I realise would be slower anyway, but it does seem that if I want any movement at all, I have to push hard enough to labour the machine or even break the blade. Even cutting thin mdf or birch ply is noticeably slower than that shown in youtube videos (or what I could previously do on my Titan). What am I doing wrong?

The play in clamps goes away when you tension the blade. The lever at the side of the top arm needs to come forward when fitting a blade, you then push the lever back to where it is in the photo and this tensions the blade and stiffens up the clamps. If doing this doesn't tighten up the blade then with the lever forward turn the bolt on top of the arm clockwise a little and try the lever again. Here is a pdf of the manual, page 11 deals with fitting blades. Any questions just ask.

Attachments

• 40 560 type2.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 10
Yeah this is what i've done but there is still rather a lot of play in the blade once the tension is tightened. Maybe I'm not gripping the blades in the right place.
Thank you for the manual, that is very useful. :)

Slacken the clamps, put the blade in then push it down or up until it stops then tighten the clamp up. Then push the lever back, if the doesn't apply enough tension then the bolt on top of the arm needs screwing in. This is a lot harder to put in words than show you, if you are anywhere near NG20 then I could have you sorted in less than half an hour.

Hi Frank, long time no hear, we're fine over here, Over run this fortnight with grandkids but loving it. Slowed right down on the scrollsaw and lathe, now taken up carving.

Hi all Glad to hear your all good , Its a long time since I used my saw , but I've been in the shed last week or two , and gona try and get in there a bit more now that the weather is getting winterish LOL I've got some bits to make for me sister's grand kids , so better get started soon ,. Are you carving anything in particular ?

Not carving anything special at the moment, though I have made and carved 7 boxes. Getting into chip carving now. We better get this thread back on track before our legs get slapped. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back