iTECH Bandsaw quick review!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creampuff

Established Member
Reaction score
After much deliberation I decided to buy myself an early Chrimbo prezzy, so off I went with credit card in hand looking for my first Bandsaw!!!
Unfortunately with Christmas fast approaching, my funds were running a little low, so I set myself a limit of £300 - £400
What I ended up going for was the iTECH MJ344C from Scott & Sargeants @ £239 + £60 Delivery, and after taking delivery of my new baby, I thought I’d do a little review for you guys and gals.

Weighing in at an impressive 140kgs I’m very glad I had a forklift and a sack barrow to unload this baby and get it where I wanted

4187734533_50c0697013_b.jpg

4187734535_cdda8a77a9_b.jpg

4187734543_7a235d32ea_b.jpg

All in all its a very nice little bandsaw for the money, it has a nice size cast iron table, and bearing guides instead of the cool blocks that I would have expected on a saw of this price. It also has a 200mm cut height (untested), but looking forward to finding out :wink: .
The only problems I had with the saw, were the bearing guides not being parallel to the blade, which was fixed by using a thin piece of metal as a shim to level thing up, and that seems to have worked fine.

4187734561_db73a2467f_b.jpg

(sorry about the focus :( )

The other problem was the NVR switch. For some reason the saw would only run with the green button pressed and held on, as soon as I let go of the button the saw would switch off!! Very annoying to say the least, and after a couple of hours after trying everything I could think of to fix the problem to no avail, I decided it might be best to give s&s a call before I did my usual trick and made thing ten time worse!!

2 Days later my new switch arrives and everything is hunky dorri.

All in all after a few teething problems I’m very pleased with the iTECH and very pleased with Scott & Sargeant as a whole.
Now all I have to do is get myself a nice new blade, and get butchering wood!!!

Regards

Andy

CP
You need to edit your IMG tags so that they point to the actual image rather than the web page they are on.
Sorry about the preposition :)
S

Steve Maskery":kxutxkiy said:
CP
You need to edit your IMG tags so that they point to the actual image rather than the web page they are on.
Sorry about the preposition :)
S

Thanks Steve. I cant seem to find a direct link on flickr, I'll have to upload them to another site :wink:

Ahhh HA!!! fixed!!!... my god :shock: I actually fixed something...

These iTech saws look identical to the ones from SIP, Axminster and others. At that price, it looks like a good buy. I may one-day be interested in one of their largest saws so, I'm keen to hear how you get on! :wink:

Where are you getting your blades from? Don't discount the fact that most blades supplied with these saws are rubbish and should almost be binned immediately (or, kept for really rough work...). You may find that some of the problems you may experience disappear with the purchase of a brand new blade. :wink:

OPJ":3izs0v3a said:
These iTech saws look identical to the ones from SIP, Axminster and others. At that price, it looks like a good buy. I may one-day be interested in one of their largest saws so, I'm keen to hear how you get on! :wink:

Where are you getting your blades from? Don't discount the fact that most blades supplied with these saws are rubbish and should almost be binned immediately (or, kept for really rough work...). You may find that some of the problems you may experience disappear with the purchase of a brand new blade. :wink:

Hi Olly

I'll probably be buying a couple of blades from Workshop Heaven in the not too distant future, so i'll let ya no how I get on...

But even with the blade thats on it, its streets ahead of what i'm used to and i'm very pleased with it for the money.

Regards

Andy

Back