Is this any good

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought about buying the powered one but after reading several post of how bad fitting it is and how over priced it is I thought about looking at alternatives.

Is this one any good?
88_2.JPG

Or is there something better?

Hi LN

I have both and the Airace is better than nothing.

The difference between the two is like night and day. Yes, the powered one is overpriced but it does exactly what it says on the can. IMHO it is an excellent product.

I found that once adjusted the fit is very good.

Cheers
Neil

I have the AirAce and have to say it certainly seems to do the job well. However, as my workshop is a steel box and working in there gets rather warm, you do end up being relieved when you can take it off (and pour out the accumulated moisture - yuk!).

But of course it does make you look like a Sith Lord, and that in itself is pretty cool... :oops:

V.

Triton have a respirator and ear muffs with visor and its very good. For some reason it is not on the UK market but there is a supplier in the Netherlands (Holland).

I have the full face Trend unit and love it, although like most Trend stuff it is in my view, too expensive. I do try to avoid being seen in public wearing it however, it isn't very elegant and there are always reported UFO sightings when I wear it to work.
I wear glasses and with a standard mask I was always able to blame my many workshop failures on the fact that I couldn't see what I was doing because I was steamed up.

Lord Nibbo":o8exyn92 said:
Anyone seen this type before

I have one. It is better in my opinion than the Racal sort I used to have (which is like the Trend). The Powercap is much more powerful and does protect your head from knocks to some extent, which is useful in my workshop.

It is noisier than the Racal and of course has the cable to the battery unit. However, even with these demerits, I prefer it to the Racal, mainly for its power and associated head-cooling ability

Latest posts

Back