Is the Axminster AW635R small router any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richie

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to buy a 1/4" router - it will only be for small work, and possibly mounting in a very small homemade table.
Does anyone know if the Axminster AW635R is any good? It's on offer for £40 at the moment, and seems to be the same as the old Power Devil that I believe was fairly good for the price...

:)

r

Hi Richie,
I'd recommend the baby Trend - it's an excellent and deceptively powerful machine. Certainly in a different league to the Power Devil stuff, although I don't know about the Axminster. I'm sure most would agree you can't really go wrong with Trend.

Steve

I too am in the market for a small router and will watch this post with interest. I have been a bit unlucky with the Trend T3 in that I have previously bought 2 and they both have had the same problem -

i.e. the on/off switch became dislodged from its location very easily. The first time I thought it was just an isolated problem but the second one failed before I could use it. There appeared to be a blob of superglue under the switch (this was straight from the box). It put me off the T3 so I'm still looking. Most reports I've read praise this router highly but I just wanted to tell you about my experiences.

Good Luck,

You could try Ebay Elu 96e as I have had a second hand one for about 10 years and it is still going strong :)
There are some at the moment

i found the small freud very good, whilst the ryobi still i think comes with a table in a package at B&Q, not perfect, but a good starting point.

paul :wink:

Back