Is my Lidl/parkside track defective?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpms

Reaction score
Hi

I've never owned a track saw before but splashed out on the Lidl plunge saw.

I've noticed that the saw seems to rock on the track. Looking at the base of the saw there seems to be a shallow lump near the blade aperture. The weird thing is is that it looks like its been fabricated that way on purpose rather than caused by an accident which has thrown me off a bit.

I'm convinced now that it must be causing the rocking but just want to make sure that I'm right before the hassle of returning it.

Can any parkside/Lidl tracksaw owners advise please?

Not sure how clear it is but you can see a sort of bulge.

I'm pretty sure it must be a defect. Will take it back tomorrow.
16765686146078531404834842368995.jpg

Hi, I just joined in order to be able to reply to the OP ( I was going to join anyway , but in a few days when I 'll have more time ) because I bought one of these today here in France, ( along with some other tools ) at 9.45 am to be precise. OK to answer your question, the saw's base plate ( the rectangular part which contacts the wood , and which the blade passes through ) should be totally flat, no "bumps". It should not rock. Your saw is defective, you should take it back. BTW, if your local Lidl has the track bar / clamp things in stock get at least one.Unless you are able to get hold of a Festool one , here the nearest place that sells Festool is 200 kms from me, and no way would I trust a courier to get a saw guide at over 1m to me without bending it, or it going "missing" en route .
HTH :) Mike

Last edited:
Hi, I just joined in order to be able to reply to the OP ( I was going to join anyway , but in a few days when I 'll have more time ) because I bought one of these today here in France, ( along with some other tools ) at 9.45 am to be precise. OK to answer your question, the saw's base plate ( the rectangular part which contacts the wood , and which the blade passes through ) should be totally flat, no "bumps". It should not rock. Your saw is defective, you should take it back. BTW, if your local Lidl has the track bar / clamp things in stock get at least one.Unless you are able to get hold of a Festool one , here the nearest place that sells Festool is 200 kms from me, and no way would I trust a courier to get a saw guide at over 1m to me without bending it, or it going "missing" en route .
HTH :) Mike
Great first post. and a very warm welcome to the forum

Thank you Mike. Very helpful.

In retrospect, it makes perfect sense, of course it should be flat right?

Unfortunately, and this is embarrassing, I bought it in September and have used it two or three times before it finally struck me that something was up. I just assumed the crappy cuts were my fault.

It's going back tomorrow for sure but I'm sure it'll be a refund rather than replacement and the nearest track saw in price is 30 quid more expensive. Sigh.

Thanks again.
Paul.

Lidl will usually refund without any issue.
I have one of these (with a decent blade) and also a Festool. The difference in results is minimal.

Back