is it just me or..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pvt_Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
is the handle for the speed controller on the Axminster AWVSL1000 really badly positioned?

When turning between centres when I move the handle to the full speed position I find it can get in my way when trying to do some of the cuts.

Anyone else see this and have a solution?

Ryan

Ryan,

I have not noticed this on my lathe, but as most of my turning is bowls and platters perhaps that is not a surprise.

I will take note next time I am turning between centres.

Mike

yes - I have that issue with my perform. Was a right pipper at times with the candle stick :)

Miles

same with my m900
i usually make bowls so it isn't usually a problem but its annoying when turning between centers

As long as it isn't just me. Going to give Axi a call tomorrow and see if they have a "fix" before I snap the handle off in a temper. IMO it's a real design flaw.

gave them a call and they agree it is in the way but that's just the way it is..

might just have to live with it unless I have a spout of genius.

I'd rather not "damage" the lathe incase I want to sell it at a later date.

I took mine off and turned it through 180 degrees, it was a little bit of messing around but fairly straightforward as i recall, it's now not in the way as much for me. Down side to this is that the speed lever is directly over the big red stop button when it's running at full tilt. Not ideal either way !!

Back