Interesting tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought this today its spring loaded

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,373
and a one handed hammer, the balls and springs are missing

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,364
It may be a wrong side of the pond thing.... but I don't understand either of your tools. Can you explain what they are?

Isn't the T shaped slot above the claw of the hammer supposedly for holding a nail. Look carefuly at the last photo, and see below.

G

Attachments

• woodpecker-hammer-gs.jpg
    woodpecker-hammer-gs.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,177
the spanners look like wrenches for cnc chucks they just have slots in them not hexagonal so the nipple on the end catches in it and you can open it.

wizard":31kafhno said:
I did not think these were interesting when i got them

Those look like wrenches for a certain type of nut often found in elderly machines. For instance the upper bearing in my spindle moulder is held in place by one of those nuts. My wobble saw also uses one of those wreches to adjust the amount of wobble.

The Swedish term for the wrench type is "haknyckel" though I don't know the english word. Very useful so I wish I had a full set of them.

Look like hight adjustable coil over suspension spanners to me, though I doubt you'd get that on a Rolls.

I similar lighter tool is used on cycle repair and for adjusting the 'oilite' bearing on Coronet lathes where they are called C spanners. :)

They're for the piston return spring circlip on the Silver Shadow Shooting Brake model. (The one with the wood round the back).

Back