Infrared heaters.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LBCarpentry 1 every couple of meters will be fine and you will feel the benefit up to around 4 feet away. Just remember they don't heat the air but solid items. If you are working in a warm top and trousers then once you start working you will feel very comfy after a couple of minutes but the main benfit is you don't end up feeling too hot that you sweat. To preheat a surface for finish or glue about 18 inches is the best distance that I have found

4 foot is still pretty close. Don;t think wall mounting is an option in that case. Perhaps just painting them at the metal machines. Im convinced they act as an ice cube. Do you have any product recommendation?

I'd also look at a desiccant dehumidifier in addition to the heaters; as well as conditioning the humidity of the workshop they warm the air as a kind of byproduct of their operation and make it easier for the actual heaters to do their job.

As long as it's airtight. Doesn't take much air changeover to make a humidifier ineffective. I've just gapfilled etc. my workshop and use a desiccant dehumidifier. Good combo with a dry heat source like a stove.

i can't remember the make of mine, they were just what was on the shelf at B&M. My wksp is small, would fit about 5 times into yours. But the big wksp that mine is in (it's a strange setup - a building inside a building) is an old rope shed. It has a massive industrial wood burner (at least a cord a fornight) that just manages to stop things freezing, to me it is never warm enough to take off my fleece.. It is the size of a hangar. Since I got my heaters some of the other guys have gone out and got one to use at their benches and they do work in a t-shirt even in winter once they are up and running. They also have an IR heater pointed at the underside of the SCM panel saw (a big nova400ep) and at the Wadkin Planner/Thicknesser.

I think you would be best served with 2 of the kit below ceiling mounted:
https://www.infraredcompany.com/products/industrial-infrared-heater
This is what the guys are considering putting in for the big hanger, 6 of them and using the small ones in the paint/finish booth

Thanks for that link. Will look into it looks pretty decent and not much more to go up to 4K. Toasty

This small heater throws out some heat. Luckily I managed to get this from work which was surplus to requirements, so cleaned all the overspray off and repainted 👍👍👍

Attachments

• E28CC95A-4EC7-4626-8655-7F211586A359.jpeg
    E28CC95A-4EC7-4626-8655-7F211586A359.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 11
Back