Incra mitre 1000 SE - please help!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got wood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all...

Just purchased the above from rutlands, and have a few queries if anybody has this mitre guage.
Firstly, it came out of the box quite dirty, and not as 'sparkly' as I had hoped (rust started to form on some bolt heads, and underneath the slide) - I can only assume this is an old item (been around a few years now i think?).
This doesn't bother me too much, but am considering sending it back.

My other query is this. Should the fence sit exactly 90 degress to the table, as this one doesn't. Without pictures, I shall try to explain (will post pic tomorrow if this helps). When i put a square on the table, and slide it to the fence, there is a small gap (maybe .7mm) at the top ie the fence is leaning back slightly. I appreciate this isn't a lot, but I would have thought that it should be square on a £130 precision bit of kit!!

Hope someone can help, and thanks in advance

Jamie.

You never know Jamie, somebody might have already sent it back and it may have been resold to you, if it was me I'd return it, as you say £130.00 is not peanuts.
regards,
Rich.

Funnily enough, it did come with the handle missing (which is in the post now!!)
Seriously considering sending it back.
Cheers for the reply.

Jamie

Jamie

I wouldn't think twice send it back mate or you'll never have full confidence in it...

It should be 100% spot on, I had a similar problem with my Osbourne and I wasn't happy until it was sorted which included emailing the boss...

Jamie send it back and get a new one, I can tell you that Incra themselves would not want you to keep it. It certainly sounds like it is an old one that someone has returned. For £130 you should not even consider keeping rubbish like that.

I am at the moment photographing exactly the model you have, and they come in perfect condition, as is the V27 and the 2000.

Cheers

Mike

Jamie, I would endorse fellow members views here, and return the item.

Incra are a quality product and it should be perfect. I have the incra mitre gauge and it is excellent. It should last a lifetime and on that basis it should be perfect from the get go.

Good luck, Tony

I bought one of these in the States last year - my fence doesn't sit at 90 degrees to the table either. I had to shim it. I can only assume that its meant to be this way for some reason I can't honestly fathom. Incra make such good products that I can only assume they designed it this way. I don't know why.

I find it is quite common for the fence not to sit dead square to the table, but not on expensive items such as this. On my Osborne, it is spot on

Send it back and ask for a replacement

i seem to remember that the fence has to be shimmed square. but the other faults are not great. typical of rutlands though i h t b said.

Phoned Rutlands today, and spoke to Dawn. Very helpfull. It is being picked up tomorrow, whilst a new one is being dispatched. Hopefully should be a bit 'shinier' !!
Reading around, the fence tilt issue is normal (although I don't see why!), but at least I should get a 'new' one.

Will let you know when it arrives. Once again thanks for the help

Jamie

Back