Incra jig Ultra Lite

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david123

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought one of these jigs after reading the reviews and watching the videos on line. actually I have been reading and watching the reviews and you tube videos, on the LS systems, as there seems very little on the Lite. I gather from what I have seen they are very similar, and it is more or less just the length that is smaller. As Rutlands have a sale of 10% of I went ahead and ordered it. I also ordered the Dakota Deluxe Full Size Router Table that is on half price offer at £99.95.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-po ... s-&-lifts-

I had in my mind, that I would make the table, but for that price it seemed there was no contest.

Is there anybody in the Essex (nearish to Colchester) that uses the Incra Lite, that wouldn't mind showing me their setup and talking me through it? I know it seems a bit of a cheek but I didn't want to spend hours getting frustrated with it when a quick demo would paint a thousand words.

Hi Mike
Thanks for that. I did look at the you tube videos but have not seen the ones that you have given me the link to. Thanks

It arrived (the Incra) yesterday and I will be putting it together today. I must admit it is a solid bit of kit, and am looking forward to using it. Still waiting for the router table, so I have to wait in anticipation.
Just a thought, can I assume that the jig is the same as the LS models except for the length and the fence stops and use the same instructions as for the LS?

Hi Dave,
I'm probably going to do things the other way around - I've got the Dakota router table and am still talking myself into the Incra. I would be really intertested to hear how you get on installing the system onto the table. The table is excellent and I've had no problems with the stability of the base. I've simply added a shelf for some jigs underneath and the fact that it is on legs means you can get your feet underneath which you would struggle to with the Axminster one that people are discussing.
I've also installed a Router Raizer which works well and is very precise (especially having used a homemade Heath Robinson car jack system for several years!). If you're going to the expense of Incra for fence precision, then I'm thinking you probably need similar precision in height adjustment?

Is the Raizer easy to install Glynne? I've got the incra system and use a car jack but it can disturb the plate if not careful. I've been thinking of getting the Raizer for my DW624 but don't want to fiddle with it if it is difficult to fit.

John

Hi Glynne
I will have to look into the the raizer, thanks.
Glad you are happy with the Dakota table its always nice to get good feedback. They are out of stock at the moment. I rang them today and they should be restocked by the beginning of March, so I will just have to wait.
I started putting the Incra together today, in fact about an hour ago. The only problem so far was that when I installed the track into its housing it would not lock shut, it was just to tight and I didn't want to force it. it took a while to figure out, but I found the answer in the problem section, I had to take out 3 shim's to get it to work. That solved it. I will keep the shims safe in case it works to loose after a lot of use, in that case I will have them to replace.
I will (if I get time) finish it of tomorrow, well as far as I can without the table. So far I am very impressed with the quality of the Incra.

I will keep you informed.

The Router Raizer is more fiddly rather than difficult to fit. The kit comes with a variety of parts to fit a selection of routers and so you need to separate out those relevant to yours and then put the rest away - or confusion will rein! The instructions are very good once you get used to them, but I was thrown when you are advised to take out and ignore most of the them (as the relate to other routers). Once you have the parts and the pages you need, then the instructions are easy to follow.
You will need some practical knowledge as to what to do if you hit a problem with a step - for example I needed to knock out a pin in one of my router struts which didn't want to move. I also needed to grind down a small component (as per the instructions) but a normal bench grinder was fine. The other thing to note is that as RR is American, the parts are imperial and so you will have to improvise if like me your drill bits and spanners are metric. The scariest bit was drilling a clearance hole in the phenolic plate for the top of the adjuster. The plate is thick enough, but not by a lot. But overall, I doubt whether anyone on this forum would have any major problems but contact Woodworkersworkshop and have a chat if you are worried.

Glynne said:
Hi Dave,
I'm probably going to do things the other way around - I've got the Dakota router table and am still talking myself into the Incra. I would be really intertested to hear how you get on installing the system onto the table.

Well I finished putting it together yesterday and it went pretty well, except for the shims ( mentioned earlier). fitting the fence and the right angled slider was not, in my opinion as, straight forward as it should have been and took a little longer to figure out. Finally, I cut the mounting board using the size for the Dacota table intuitively at 810mm expecting to use it in the same position as the existing fence,(at the rear of the table) where in fact it goes to the side of the table and should have been cut at 600mm. At least I got it wrong the right way round and can cut it down to size. A rocket scientist I am not.

I am a very happy bunny,I just hope that the quality of the joints are as good as the quality of the piece of kit.

Watch this space.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post. I too thought the fence would go at the rear of the table as per the Dakota fence and one of my concerns was that the table might not be deep enough. But from what you say, it seems that you remove the existing fence and then mount the Incra at the side using a mounting board the "depth" of the table i.e. 600mm?

If this is correct, then won't you need to rotate the table at 90 degrees to the normal when you use the Incra and then rotate it back if you want to use the Dakota fence? Just to trying to avoid yet another reorganisation of the workshop which I seem to do more than actually make things, but I think I can cope with this. Danger for me is that Rutlands have a 10% sale and free delivery on this weekend!

Cheers,

Glynne

I have the INCRA LS system , and just taken delivery of the router table. I love the INCRA LS it works really well with my table saw and now looking forward to experimenting with the Router.

look forward to hearing how you get on with the router table apache, perhaps you could keep us posted.
Glynnne pointed me in the direction of Infinity Tools. for the router bit that I needed....Thanks mate, I have ordered it.

I have adapted my RightAngleJig. Slippy sliders and a handle.
PICT0163.jpg

Latest posts

Back