Inca planer/thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexi

Established Member
Reaction score
I have this wee machine as a project. Bits missing: Fence, side cover and probably more. I paid £60 and non runner with filth and rust. Cleaned up and put new capacitor in. Runs good. Plastic feed gears are good. Anybody got one a 493 like this? Need belt round belt dia and can get the material from China to make a belt. If I could borrow a cover nearby, I could make a mould for a glass fibre one. I have read everything I can on them, re. mods and spares available. Some tasty spares prices. How the bits went missing from it nobody knows. The machine has not been used hard, but probably round section feed belt broke and the machine was opened and then bits lost or thrown out.

Attachments

• IMG_2010.JPG
    IMG_2010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I remember them but they were too small for my needs, still are, but they were well built and everything about them was expensive even when new.

Pete

Would like to know if it is the round rubber belt that hold the worm drive in tension against the plastic gear to drive it. Worm drive seems to stray from vertical in coming up against gear one. I don't know that it will work like that. The side cover may have locating points to hold the mechanism. I don't know, as I might have other wee bits missing.
The material to make the belts can be got on Ebay. I only need the dia. Could be 6mm maybe 8mm.

Dunno about those belts specifically but many belts of various sorts are generic stock items from bearing / transmission retailers who may offer tables of diameters / lengths and reasonable prices ...

If it was mine I'd make a sheet steel side cover, it looks fairly simple. A few bends and rivets ...

Dunno about those belts specifically but many belts of various sorts are generic stock items from bearing / transmission retailers who may offer tables of diameters / lengths and reasonable prices ...

If it was mine I'd make a sheet steel side cover, it looks fairly simple. A few bends and rivets ...
Yes Thank you. I did look at Simply Bearings for the belts. Knocking up a cover in metal is on the cards........tinbashing or welding even. A grp one would be easy if I can borrow a cover.

I’ve had one since the late seventies. Used hard and lightly, furniture and house construction. It’s been grand.
Hi John
Does it have the round belt for the feed rollers? If so, what diameter is the cord?

Back