Importing Pens from the USA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Perrin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have never brought goods from the USA and I am not familiar with Shipping, Import, Tax duties etc.

I have been looking on the internet at a company called Penn State Industries who deal with a lot of woodturning gear and in particular the prices for there pen kits look quite good.

Has anybody dealt with them and what was your experience.

How do the duties effect the listed price

Regards

:oops: Vic :oops:

1st question, how much are you looking to spend with them? (in dollars)

You will be charged VAT at 20% on any imports over £15 (including postage) and they also add an £8 collection fee.

Postage from the US is usually quite expensive because they seem to go on box rates regardless of whether or not you fill the box!

Paul Hannaby":3tfvmm77 said:
You will be charged VAT at 20% on any imports over £15 (including postage) and they also add an £8 collection fee.

Postage from the US is usually quite expensive because they seem to go on box rates regardless of whether or not you fill the box!

Cheers Paul,

With the add on costs that you have indicated the prices don't look that good, I think I will stay at home!

Regards

Vic

Vic Perrin":2enjeoq2 said:
Paul Hannaby":2enjeoq2 said:

Cheers Paul,

With the add on costs that you have indicated the prices don't look that good, I think I will stay at home!

Regards

Vic

you could always use timber bit in Australia as there is no import duty under $150

bellringer":2uuj16sl said:
Vic Perrin":2uuj16sl said:
Paul Hannaby":2uuj16sl said:

Cheers Paul,

Regards

Vic

you could always use timber bit in Australia as there is no import duty under $150

Cheers I will have a look at their web site

Hi Vic have you looked at timberbits in OZ I have bought small quantity by post only 5 dollars postage and below duty value. also good to deal with,very helpfull.
Alan

Latest posts

Back