• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Imperial size T nuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan895

Established Member
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot but does anyone have any imperial size T nuts in their collection going spare? I'm looking specifically for a maximum of 3 (2 required, 1 as a contingency) that are suitable for a 3/8" diameter UNC 16TPI threaded rod.

I have attempted to tap an M10 size which does work but the fitting is a little loose. If all else fails I can tap the bare wood but it would be nice to obtain the hardware, I've looked around the usual places but cannot seem to locate a UK seller for them.

I wasn't prepared to pay just over £20 just for 5 from the States but I would be willing to pay a small cost plus postage to anyone who's willing to help.

TIA

A bit of a long shot but does anyone have any imperial size T nuts in their collection going spare? I'm looking specifically for a maximum of 3 (2 required, 1 as a contingency) that are suitable for a 3/8" diameter UNC 16TPI threaded rod.

I have attempted to tap an M10 size which does work but the fitting is a little loose. If all else fails I can tap the bare wood but it would be nice to obtain the hardware, I've looked around the usual places but cannot seem to locate a UK seller for them.

I wasn't prepared to pay just over £20 just for 5 from the States but I would be willing to pay a small cost plus postage to anyone who's willing to help.

TIA
Does it have to be a T-nut? Could you cast in an ordinary nut?
Brian

I have attempted to tap an M10 size which does work but the fitting is a little loose.

Since 3/8" is about 9.5mm, which is smaller than 10mm, that will indeed be the case.

How deeply does the 3/8" rod need to go into the nut? If only the depth of the nut, you could shave down the end of the 3/8" rod and use a die to put an M8 thread on it.

Another option is to use an M8 Unistrut nut retapped to 3/8". Form a pocket in the underside of the wood to accommodate it.

This any good from eBay
Click on pic and shows the thread size

Attachments

• 92DE0234-319C-471D-BD2F-D4F6841E9ECB.png
    92DE0234-319C-471D-BD2F-D4F6841E9ECB.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thanks to everyone for their input, I'm updating the status as a friend has kindly offered to machine a threaded mounting block for me.

Latest posts

Back