I'm Really Naffed Off!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happened to me as well

I was at work and had a phone call asking if I spent £85 in the O2 shop in Manchester

I said NO I am on the M23 going to Brighton

Bank " So you did not go back in the same shop and try and spend £850 then "

No

Good ,as we have locked the card , We will send you paperwork to fill in and ONCE received refund you the £85 :?

So what exactly is more secure about chip-and-pin?

E.

PS: It happened to me too recently. Only about four transactions on the card in a year prior to that, so the trail couldn't have been hard to follow. Nationwide refused point blank to tell me what they were doing about chasing it up, then charged 'overdraft' charges and interest and 'unauthorised account use' charges. They wouldn't talk to me on the 'phone (said I couldn't 'validate' myself, whatever that means), and I had to go to the branch and 'phone their fraud department from there. I don't think banks have the slightest intention of serving their customers, merely extracting an income from them as efficiently as possible.

Eric The Viking":13a7b64y said:
So what exactly is more secure about chip-and-pin?

E.

PS: It happened to me too recently. Only about four transactions on the card in a year prior to that, so the trail couldn't have been hard to follow. Nationwide refused point blank to tell me what they were doing about chasing it up, then charged 'overdraft' charges and interest and 'unauthorised account use' charges. They wouldn't talk to me on the 'phone (said I couldn't 'validate' myself, whatever that means), and I had to go to the branch and 'phone their fraud department from there. I don't think banks have the slightest intention of serving their customers, merely extracting an income from them as efficiently as possible.

Had impeccable service over the years with HSBC.

Dibs

Back