I'm off.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
This is not really a scroll saw subject but I thought i would let you all know that in 5 weeks time I am going off to the Philippines for a few months to meet my new girlfriend and hopefully do a little bit of business. At last everything is done, flight booked, had six inoculations the other day, was dreading that but it was not to bad. I shall be staying in four locations altogether and visits have already been arranged to visit various wood working establishments and I hope to come back with loads of ideas and samples of things I may well copy for my craft fair stall. Also I may import a range of items, still going through the res tape with that so not 100% sure yet about that. I am hoping I will come across some scrollers out there and it would be nice to see how they work and what they produce. I will od course post photos of the samples I bring back when I return.

Good luck Geoff and Bon Voyage :) :D

Not visited the Philippines; but spent a couple of years nearby in Indonesia in my younger years

Sounds great, it's an area I've always had a fancy to visit, have fun and lots of pics please =D>

I booked our next trip recently now my missus is mobile again after having both hips replaced. Not until next summer but we're going back to Canada for 5 weeks to the areas we had to abandon due to the flooding 4 years ago as well as back to others we liked, so starting Calgary / Banff working down to Vancouver Island then a 7 day cruise along the Alaska inside passage finishing in Vancouver for a few days. Glad I booked and paid most before the £ crash. :roll:

Not so sure about the cruise though as I don't much fancy being on a boat with 2000 people :?

Dear friend
I hope all will be as you planned and health will be good to you.
all the best
Blaz

Hope you are still managing to see UKW Geoff and that you had a good Christmas. How's it going so far and are you getting lots of ideas coupled with photos that you will eventually show us on the forum?

Best of luck and don't forget to let us know when you will be back ihn the UK

Malcolm

Back