I'm emigrating to New Zealand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
The house gets packed up next week and we leave for Auckland on Monday September 10th, via a stopover in Singapore.

For the last few weeks I've been sorting out my garage workshop and cleaning the tools, not to mention cataloging everything for the shipping insurance valuation. And selling the house and car. And saying goodbye to family and friends.

I'll be glad when we actually leave the house 'cos then I won't be panicking about sorting out and cleaning and packing.

I'll be panicking about looking for a job and house and school and new life instead!
We don't know where we'll be living as that depends on where I get a job.

I might not be so active on the forum in the future and I've had to withdraw from the Woodturning challenge.

Good luck - I'm envious - hope you have a great lifestyle.

make sure you take a few days to visit the bay of islands north of Auckland. Know a very nice place to stay if you need.

Bob

Hi Pete

Sorry I missed the last few meetings and being able to wish you well in person. Good luck getting a job and enjoy a beautiful country. Hope we still stay in touch!

Pete Man Wow

Everything will turn out fine , must be more to look forward to in NZ than UK

I wish I was going

Let me know if they need any Lorry Drivers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Keep us posted please as and when

Dont forget we LOVE photos

Is your son looking forward to the move :mrgreen:

Good luck Pete - I would love to have the balls to do the same - You don't know how envious I am!

Keep in touch though wont you.

Hi Pete,

If you are as pleased with your new life in a different country as I have been (in spite of the old body being awkward), you will be a happy man.

Best of luck to you and let us know how you get on.

I echo Gordons thoughts Pete. I well remember all you have been through in getting ready.

Selling house, 2 cars and caravan and it all went smoothly. OH kept on saying that something would go wrong, but my answer was that for the first time in my life I knew what we were doing was meant to be. I really hope that it goes as smoothly for you and yours =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Just a thought? Have you had any language lessons? It makes life so much easier if you can talk to the locals :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: We're getting there after 8 years!!! :oops: :oops:

Jonzjob":33qotf0i said:
Just a thought? Have you had any language lessons? It makes life so much easier if you can talk to the locals :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: We're getting there after 8 years!!! :oops: :oops:

I expect he will adjust to the funny accent :D

Or were you confusing English with Maori????

Good luck Pete.
My cousin emigrated to Australia a couple of years ago. Not sure everything is as they thought it would be, especially standard of education for their young daughter and cost of white goods, but enjoying it too. Not sure how NZ differs to Auz but hope NZ is as you want it to be.

Back