If I had a pound for every shaving....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also give any BBQ smoke-able species to my brother-in-law in France who has a veritable chimney in his garden upon which he barbeques everything he can. He adds the apple/oak etc to the fire. But in truth lathe shavings don't make great fire smoking ingredients because they're too fine. Whats needed in that process is chip material that smoulders for the entire cooking time.

My brother just got a "Big green egg" for his birthday and that is the end of all barbeques. I will save some for him to use in that amazing piece of kit but again it really wants chips and not fine shavings.

Well I got the bowlsaver, they were out of stock for the posts, which was a good thing as I used teh Holbrook to make one. Firsttry of it today, made four bowls, not had time to make the gauge, so eyballed it.. one of them is a bit thin on the bottom because of my error.

I find myself thinking all the smaller bowls are now free. Still a useful size. Liking this.

Our local clowncil don't allow it to go in the wood recycling, or in garden waste - both of which are composted.
Instead it has to go into landfill. With the amount I tip on a regular basis, I'm sure they're being hammered for much more landfill tax than is necessary.

Twallies!

Back