I think someone has bumped they head

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those bits are in really good shape, I would easily pay $100 US for them. I might even keep the box. But I would surely keep the bits.

Sold individually over here, one would expect more than that as a return. Composing a set like that would take a lot of time.

Take care, Mike

Scrit":1h92q38u said:
ROFLMAO :lol:
To quote a frequent poster on a few other forums, "in the old tool hell I live in..."

Only I mean it. Nearly nothing is available around me. But I have seen center bits sell for $10 each, sets of 4-5 for $50. Though I have also seen better deals from time to time.

At least everything else around here is less expensive than old tools. Heck, we can even use dado blades :lol:

Take care, Mike

I suppose that's the joy of living in a late-colonised part of the world where almost everthing that grows seems to be coniferous!

Not too bothered about stacked dado heads, though, there's more than one solution to that problem that works..... :lol:

Scrit

The States aren't too bad for old tools worth using, at least if one lives on the east coast. But here on the west coast, it is really young, even in comparision to the east coast let alone the UK or Europe.

By the time things really got going here, power tools had all but been invented. So much of my old tool purchase are either east coast purchases or the UK.

Once in a while one can find something in the wild if they wish to devote enough time to looking. It's actually cost effective for me just to order something someone else has taken the time to find.

Then again, there are certain advangtages here, and that is mainly wood. Cheap, very nice wood is plentiful. Quality new hand tools are plentiful and cheap to ship. Power tools as well. Heck, at least for a while, we could purchase Festool items for less here than someone in Europe could. Don't know if that is still true though.

And old iron? Tons--literally--for cheap and it's plentiful. A friend just bought a Yates 16" jointer for less than a DeWally lunchbox-type. Took some elbow grease and a couple hundred US to make it as good as new.

Just don't go looking for odd hand tools on the west coast.

Take care, Mike

Back