I may be allergic to wood. It seems I'm not.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was right, you were completely wrong on this occasion :wink: I'm well pleased for you Graham, I won't mention it to SWMBO, I just know she will take pleasure in saying it was just man flu!

Take care

Stew

Flu, proper flu is a very serious illness and can take months to get over.

The wife and I had it about 5 years ago, we were sick for just a week. Then over the following 4 months we were both ( at different times) suspected of having heart failure requiring tests at hospital. It was only after a further 4 months ( after we regained our fitness) we put two and two together and realised it was the flu responsible. Our GP agrees but it was only all with hind sight.

don't forget that the flu has been particularly bad this year and there was a problem with the flu vaccine wasn't there. Was it ineffective in some way? I remember my brother mentioning it the other day and he does a lot of work with the NHS. Glad to hear you're up and running again.

Thanks guys.

Bob, one of the 'three' doctors I saw said she had been ill with it and off for 5 weeks earlier in the year, despite having the flu jab in November. She said it was probably a different strain that the jab didn't cover.

I've never heard of it lasting for so long, I hope it's not a sign of things to come. On the upside, my asthma medication has been closely scrutinised and is now the best it's ever been.

Back