• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

I can’t be the only one to do this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Oraclebhoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just spent a few hours with hand plane fettling my latest project. Amazed on the amount of shavings you can produce.
Well, I was about to call it a night so got my Lidl shop vac out, set it up and switched it on then watched in horror as I blew all the shavings towards the other side of the garage 😯
Stupid silly person had only plugged the hose into the blow hole instead of the suck hole.
Will be marking them up to make sure I don’t do that again.

Yojevol

Clocking on
Reaction score
I did the same thing intentionally recently. Big mistake. The trouble is that a lot of dust gets trapped in the tube corrugations and when you reverse the normal air flow direction it all gets fired out. I had to open the windows and door to let the icy wind clear the air. Lesson learnt.
Brian

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
My dad borrowed mine when he was SDS drilling holes at my brothers house. Explained the power take off plug and that it would extract the dust as he drilled, leaving no mess. With obvious results!

Boozer

Reaction score
I've done this once when trying to vacuum my car. I've used my titan vac which I regularly use in the workshop. You can imagine amount of dust that was collected all over my seats and dashboard. Not something I would like to repeat 😒

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
The wife lost most of her hair last week when she sneaked mine out to blow dry her hair
Well in her case it was, Blow Sucked.
Mind you a few dabs of yellow glue and she's ship shape again.

Latest posts