I assume everyone knows what this is ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
laser levels go anywhere you want - as long as you carry them there… ’cos they don’t have their own legs…

retires for early morning hit of kookin sherry…

Also easier with coloured water, same stuff you use in a manometer unless it is a digital one .

1687424232802.png

Get a long one so it stays useful after you've snipped a few lengths off the end to syphon fuel or drain down your heating system 👍
Bigger diameter makes it more useful for these other jobs, makes it settle faster and makes the meniscus less pronounced so you can read it more accurately.
They are simple so potentially more accurate than a laser over long distances.

plumb bob.......we had to make one in metal work class.......still got it......60+ years ago.....
obviously they learn nothing at school....
unless u wanna be known as a cat etc........
mind some of the teachers I knew in private life over the years, couldn't bang a nail in straight anyway....

It is an alcohol-sharing pipe. It can run hidden under the carpet or behind cabinets to your beloved neighbour.

Installation:The default position is that both ends must be exactly level. You can transfer the height of your end position in your home to your neighbour's home by theodolites and EDMs. Then you mark a pencil mark on the wall where it is supposed to hang and screw a holder.

Use: Your end of the pipe must be lower than your neighbour's to let alcohol run your way. Be aware that the neighbour might do the same at the same time so you might both find yourself lying on the floor in no time.

I have one doesn't look as clean as that pasted down from my grandad to my dad then me. Even my son would of know what it was he was 10 years old when he first used it on the farm

Back