Dry rods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, I know nothing about the rods but an old pal of mine used to do chemical damp proofing and it was very successful, he did several walls for my daughter in an old farm house - no DPC ! all 100% success.
The company who supplied the chemicals was Sovereign Chemicals in Barrow- in-Furness https://www.sovchem.co.uk/
I feel sure they will have a partner in your area if you contact them. Feel free to message me if wish
John
Thanks John. I’m going to give it a go with the Dry Rods. I’m hoping the ground works are going to be the biggest contributor but the dry rods are a cheap addition to the job. I might budged a new hammer drill in the cost 😀

I'm skeptical about rising damp not existing. My daughter's partner, a builder, showed me photos of the ground floor of a building that had flooded (the plumber hadn't pressure tested before their concreting) - the water had soaked the concrete and marked 18"s or so up the skim. How did it get there if if damp doesn't rise?
And you also have to wonder why we install a dpc, if damp can't rise up the wall?

Cavity walls, DPC's and DPM's where introduced with the building regulations in 1954 if I remember correctly?

Back