Hows David?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam

Established Member
Reaction score
I have not seen a progress report on David Charlesworth lately...if you are there David..an update please...your friends /fans in the international wwork world would like to know
Brian

Thanks...but that was February...tis now November....I was just looking for an update

I received this e-mail from David in March

I am writing to let you know about my continued progress and that I will be teaching my summer classes on tool tuning, dovetailing and drawer making from the beginning of April.

Rob did such a good job of telling everyone how ill I was, that I am now faced with the opposite problem of informing you all, how well I am. Time, clean living and no smoking, are doing their stuff, and I am well on the way back to full strength. A huge thank you to everyone for the astonishing amount of support I received. It was overwhelming and greatly appreciated.

Hope this help
Keith

(a former student of Davids, who also lives in BC)

I spoke to him at the European Woodworking show, tail end of September, and he seemed fit and well.

Certainly seemed to be moving well demonstrating how to use planes etc.

He doesn't post here much now, possible due to the comments of a certain individual on here?

Rod

Brian,

I am very well and busy, thank you.

Three 12 week, full time students here till Christmas and another three start in January. (Still one place left !)

Also delighted to have a series of three articles in F&C magazine about plane tuning and fitting of IBC Cosman blades. There are some more ideas fermenting for the new year.

Best wishes,
David Charlesworth

Great to hear your doing OK David and please don't let a tiny minority of non entity's put you off posting, as the vast majority of members are grateful to have members of your caliber posting on the site

+1.

Nice to hear you are on the mend or even mended. Its always nice to see first rate people giving there views here so please try to stay in touch through Ukworkshop.

regards
Al

I am happy to hear of your full recovery David..that is a bit of good news for this year

David..as an after thought... British WW magazines are very hard to find in Canada...how could I get copies of those articles?
Brian

Hi Cam,

I'm not sure where in B.C. you are located, but Chapter's in Langley carried the F@C mag the last time I was there, but that was over a year ago.

Keith

Keith:
I am in the NE part of B.C. Chapters in Edmonton occassionally has them but it is hit and miss...thank you though

cam:

F&C magazine is available electronically via pocketmags (www.pocketmags.com).
I am assuming that you could download from anywhere but you would need to check.
I hope that this helps.

Back