How connect Metabo Orbital Sander to dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS.

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Festool CTL22, Which is the outside diameter of the Festool Sander? I thinking in buying a Turbotec but don't want to use any stepped

An adaptor is available ( I asked at one of the woodwork shows and they checked their catalogue ). I can connect mine to my Trend extractor but the suction slows the sander down. You really need a way to bleed some air in.

mailee":3gfzdf14 said:
same here, I also have the previous model and it connects fine with a stepped adaptor.
thanks malcolm and mailee, will be on their website in a minute to get it ordered

love this forum !

paul

Glad you got it sorted, Paul. :)

I've had similar problems with the older version of this sander but now I know what I need to do, thanks. :wink:

I just chopped an old vacuum cleaner extension pipe down, made a short extension piece up like that and used it for years. You could buy a festool extractor, their standard pipe fits straight on. :D

hpl":fdbob7e1 said:
You could buy a festool extractor, their standard pipe fits straight on. :D

i was thinking of doing that, then realised I've already got one mortgage !

I have the older model running fine off my Festool midi vac the smaller hose goes straight into the outlet no problem but before that I had it running off my record vac with a stepped reducer and it kept falling off.

Back