Horizon and losing weight

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wobblycogs":3c32nlrs said:
I'd love to know what you're training for Dr Bob and how much exercise your doing to burn off the number of calories I'm eating in a day. Fair play though, I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

Rowing mainly, averaging 15km per day, plus running and circuits.

doctor Bob":1v1m33cj said:
Jacob your post tells me you haven't got a clue about sports diet.
I cycled Lands End to John o Groats a few years ago. My sports diet was based on all day breakfasts and it seemed to work.
I'm fairly fit* (well I was until I did my knee in) and not overweight so I obviously know more about sports diets than you do Bobby!
Good luck with the training.

*cycling hilly 100 km or more most weekends, and long distance touring.

Ignored background chatter amidst Jacbobs trolling .... Ignored background chatter amidst Jacbobs trolling .... Ignored background chatter amidst Jacbobs trolling

Jacob":2x9paol5 said:
and not overweight so I obviously know more about sports diets than you do Bobby!

See your not listening again .... I'm not overweight and never have been, if Bradley wiggins was a stone heavier would you call him overweight, I need to be under a certain weight to make lightweight otherwise I'm up against 19st guys which would be silly.

How do you get on riding that Penny farthing these days.

doctor Bob":7ekcadk1 said:
Jacob":7ekcadk1 said:
and not overweight so I obviously know more about sports diets than you do Bobby!

See your not listening again .... I'm not overweight and never have been, if Bradley wiggins was a stone heavier would you call him overweight, I need to be under a certain weight to make lightweight otherwise I'm up against 19st guys which would be silly.
What will you be doing against these fat blokes? Tossing the caber or something? (You have to wear a skirt!)
How do you get on riding that Penny farthing these days.
It's one of these. Titanium! That's not actually me in the photo but there are similarities. If anybody is interested don't go for the Sram Apex gears they are rubbish.

Hi Bob
Good luck with your (to me, rather bonkers :) ) endeavour.
FWIW, I climbed Chrome Hill on Sunday and thought I was about to die. It was exertion beyond the point of enjoyment, to be honest.
S

Steve Maskery":3of6rc5l said:
Hi Bob
Good luck with your (to me, rather bonkers :) ) endeavour.
FWIW, I climbed Chrome Hill on Sunday and thought I was about to die. It was exertion beyond the point of enjoyment, to be honest.
S
You shudda dropped in Steve. You must have passed very close to my place.
NB Chrome Hill is more of a 'knoll' than a hill. We pass it often, after a stop at the Quiet Woman for a pork pie and a pint, or a stop at the cafe near Flash where they do very good pork pies. Sometimes plunge down Cave Dale on the way to Crowdecote, for a pork pie.

Jacob":1vdwqqvw said:
It's not about the tools

It's obviously about the pork pies, Jacob ( and I agree you can't beat a good one).
Now look what you've done. I feel hungry and I'm supposed to be fasting today.
Bummer.
S

Buy only Russian Alphabetti Spaghetti as there are only 22 letters in the Cyrillic alphabet.
Just watch the pounds fall off!

(J Shuttleworth)

Ghastly man4
Shuttleworth and Count Arthur Strong. I cannot understand how R4 commissioned either. They don't do anything for me except make me turn the wireless off. Simply not funny. Either that or middle age has deprived me of my sense of humour.
S

Back