Home sweet home!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Tonight I am sleeping in my own home. I've had 5 temporary addresses in just over 2 years but this one is MINE!
I am absolutely knackered and ache all over.

Didn't get the keys until 3 PM.
But tonight I'm sleeping the sleep of the happy man.
Steve

Thank you all.
K, it's rather better than having a workshop, there is space to build a workshop. There is a derelict shack, an eyesore, which is ripe for knocking down and rebuilding. It's 7.5m X 6.5m and I intend to rebuild it at 8 X 8. I'm looking at SIP structures. I'm hoping that the fact that there is an extant structure there will make planning permission easier.
I've got some pictures. I'll post them when I've got my computer set up again.

That's good news Steve.

I have an idea, on the 'housewarming party' invitations tell everyone to wear their workshop clothes, to assist in knocking down the 'derelict shack',when it's done fire up the barbie and crack open the beers!

When the planning permission is granted have another party (let's call it a 'planning permission granted' party) and invite all the trades required to build your workshop, once again fire up the barbie..........you get the idea, it's worked for the Armish community for years, get a film crew in, find a producer, stick it on TV and the workshop will be paid for.

Now because of my back problems I won't be able to swing an axe, but I'm good on the barbie and I have 'worked the bar' many times, so put me down for hospitality.

All the best Steve.

Baldhead

This is what is here already (although all the junk has been removed):

P1020351 (Medium).JPG

Complete with electricity supply:
P1020353 (Medium).JPG

Anyone want an RSJ?
P1020357 (Medium).JPG

This is what I intend to replace it with:
workshop (Small).png

An excellent end to a week that didn't start well (got my car broken into :( )
Now all I have to do is find which bag I packed my clean knickers into.
S

Attachments

• P1020351 (Medium).JPG
    P1020351 (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,342
  • P1020353 (Medium).JPG
    P1020353 (Medium).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,342
  • P1020357 (Medium).JPG
    P1020357 (Medium).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,342
  • workshop (Small).png