Holzmann planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

On the lookout for a new planer thicknesser (as opposed to an old cast iron lump off ebay)
have seen these Holzmann machines.

http://www.holzmann-maschinen.at/produc ... fc8b7c1593

Minus the mortise atachment. Any owners out there? opinions? seems a bit of a faff having to raise both beds, but I can live with that if it's an otherwise good machine.

Thanks

Davin

Hello Davin,

I'm quite sure this is the same machine as the Axminster AW128PT with a different paint job.
Someone posted about the Axi here, I think.
The same machine is done by Bernardo.
Bernardo also does a PT of the same capacities with a table arrangement like the JET machines where you don't have to
take off the fence or raise the tables one at a time. The tables are a bit shorter though.

regards
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your reply.
You are right, then Bernardo machine looks identical. I wonder if they are made in Austria or China,
I cant find Bernardo suppliers here in the UK, but I can Holzmann.
Do you have experience of either machine?

Ps I will be driving through North Rhine-Westphalia next week, I will give you a wave as I pass.

Thanks Davin

Hi Davin,

Holzmann machines are produced in China and Bulgaria, but under quality supervision of Holzmann company. I am looking for appropriate PT too. I think, this is a good choice. If you have the opportunity to see this PT in real do it, and check the inside mechanism. Some of these designs use weak transmission chain and transmission gears. Just visit some Holzman dealer and ask him to open the back cover of PT and you will see everything.
I am from Slovakia, but I think that there are some Rojek dealers in the UK. Try to consider MSP 315 from Rojek. It has almost the same design, but it´s Czech made. I have no permission to add links, so google it.

Daniel

Thanks Daniel.

Thats useful to know.
I looked at Rojek machines, and they are obviously a lot better made,but they are a lot more expensive than Holzmann.
Thanks for your help, the search continues.

Davin

Hi Davin,

my personal experience with PTs is with very old cast iron (a long time ago) or Electra-Beckum clones only.
Even though there is a Bernardo dealer next town, I have never seen one of these machines in real life exept the Axi ones.
I made a habbit out of stopping in Sittingbourne whenever I'm in the UK and have my eyes on the smaler model (10x6").
From what I've been told they are all made somewhere more or less east and probably in the same factory.
There will be differences in detail though and probably in quality too depending on whose specs they have been made to.
That is why I'm seriously considering to buy the AXI 106PT as I have at least seen and touched it.

PS I've been in East Sussex in April this year for a few days. Certainly wasn't the last time, enjoyed it a lot.

Thorsten

Back