Holdfast Group Buy - May have found a UK Blacksmith

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
condeesteso":3fbpsau8 said:
I'm pleased to see this fine thread still alive. For many years it was virtually impossible to find traditional forge-made holdfasts at all. Richard's are not only made the right way (in a forge) but they are also the bargain of the century. having seen Auriou launch theirs recently at £70 EACH, I do believe everyone here should own at least one pair of Richard's. I have had mine about a year now and they just WORK.

Here here! Well said Douglas. I just hope Richard is still willing to make a batch from time to time for the benefit of those not around the first time.

Hi Chris,

I don't have any ready to go but have lots of stock and am just brimming with potential.

PM sent btw.

They are still £18 per pair. With post, packing and Paypal, they used to end up at £24.15 to the UK. Now the postage has gone up and I don't know by how much until I take a pair to the post office. I will keep you informed.

Richard,
I'd like a pair.
Sadly I can't PM you since I haven't been here long enough.
How else could I contact you?
Many thanks,
St.John

dave, do you want to go halves on he postage- I will come and grab mine from you and have a meet up if you like?

so so. Les K's bloke i on holiday. It is normally Thursday for Monday or Monday for Thursday. I left them with him, it is too handy there to go elsewhere, and I doubt it would save any time. My Friday afternoon will have to be spend doing something other than planing!

Richard, I feel like a bit of a heel being a forum old timer but only just getting in on this. I would very much like a pair of these magnificent items with which to transfix my bench.

condeesteso":1jrjwh30 said:
I'm pleased to see this fine thread still alive. For many years it was virtually impossible to find traditional forge-made holdfasts at all. Richard's are not only made the right way (in a forge) but they are also the bargain of the century. having seen Auriou launch theirs recently at £70 EACH, I do believe everyone here should own at least one pair of Richard's. I have had mine about a year now and they just WORK.
I second all of that.

I would also like a pair if you have any left. Will P.M for payment instructions (hammer)

Richard,

mine arrived safe and sound this morning. I've had a play, and they work brilliantly on my bench (solid-core fire door 44mm + 12mm MDF) - got a grip like ... well, like iron :). Great product at a great price. Thank you so much!

Chris

Latest posts

Back