hobbies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Oooh 2 strokes I had a couple of Kh250s (wrote one off with out hurting my self) Nothing like the smell of Bellray in the morning.

Pete

Not exactly renowned for their road holding as I recall Pete.
Pushed into a corner, and force fed a few pints I'll even admit to having owned an XS250! :sick:

Roy.

billw":1ybjfzkr said:
My hobby involves one of these. It's exceptionally practical for lugging furniture around :roll:

228504052_0bd906c077.jpg

I have a Lotus on order, don't know delivery date yet, probably Sept, getting excited already :lol: :lol:

Are motorbikes and lotus's a mid-life-crisis thing?

Dunno about tothers wizer but for me bikes are a terminal disease.
I've been riding motor bikes of and on for half a century.

Roy.

wizer":33vctn79 said:

You can keep cars, as they do nothing for me, but bikes have been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember.
I don't have any interest in riding on the road, and my interest is purely for racing.
For me, nothing comes close to the feeling that you get from a race start and the rush of the first corner.
Sadly the death of my best mates son in only his second ever race, changed my whole perspective about what, or rather who is important and I packed it in there and then.
I would dearly love to get back out there, but know that its just not going to happen. The trouble is, I just can't find anything to replace it. :cry:

With no disrespect intended to anybody, but knowing how sleepy a lot of car drivers are, I stopped riding when my kids were young, but the lure pulled me back eventually.
I'm off the road at the moment till I can sort the carb out, time needed, but I'll be back!

Roy.

Doctor":2jxxmyn9 said:
I have a Lotus on order, don't know delivery date yet, probably Sept, getting excited already :lol: :lol:

good luck, it's a slippery slope! This is my 4th one and they become quite addictive. I take it you've bought an Evora? Yet to see one in the flesh but my dealer's promised me a drive....

(that's my CAR dealer before anyone gets the wrong idea...)

wizer":1bnj27o4 said:

I thought I had my mid-life crisis when I bought a 27' boat when I was in my late 20s, so what the Lotus says about my situation I have no idea :shock:

...more money than.....

Seriously, we all have our cash eating hobbies.

you can keep your lotuses and bikes, I`d prefer something somebody can't ruin in a car park because they're jealous, or crash into you......

I`ll never forget seeing a lambo (with its top down) parked in the multi story in maidstone, some twit had tipped a milkshake all over the interior...... twit.

give me a PRS, or fender/jackson custom shop any day...............

The ONLY way I`d have a swanky motor, is when I build my Ultima GT with a super charged chevy V8 lump.

Steve

Digit Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Not exactly renowned for their road holding as I recall Pete.

Mine wheren't bad different fork oil, shocks, and TT100s l, used to keep up with most 250s (15 tooth engine sprocket helps) and I was a bit mad in those days I didn't like people getting past me, I was doing about 90 when I wrote one off :lol:

ZXR750J2 these days

Pete

Digit":1ovdbb5z said:
With no disrespect intended to anybody, but knowing how sleepy a lot of car drivers are, I stopped riding when my kids were young, but the lure pulled me back eventually.
I'm off the road at the moment till I can sort the carb out, time needed, but I'll be back!

Roy.

I have seen those on the high way along with the text messagers and make up artists putting on their faces....But when my 1800 vtx rolls up they look twice.It is quite loud and if you wrap those twins its louder. :lol: Kinda wakes them up,and they can not catch me either,boy that bike is quick.

Current hobbies are caving and climbing, with a dash of photography.

In the past I used to be well into my martial arts, fencing and archery.

Latest posts

Back